• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran's 60 year war against Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran's 60 year war against Israel

Sorry to raise this again, but two articles in today's business and in the Times (bu Michael Portillo) show just how serious the threat of Iran is. So whilst all you smug "relativists" think that you can assuage your guilt by condemning Israel it is really time to take sides.

http://www.thebusinessonline.com/Sto...8-E1AC85BF7FDF
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Perhaps if Saddam Hussein was still in power he would be able to contain Iran now just like he did in the 80s.

Comment

Is all of their coverage and reporting that poor ?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        Sorry to raise this again, but two articles in today's business and in the Times (bu Michael Portillo) show just how serious the threat of Iran is. So whilst all you smug "relativists" think that you can assuage your guilt by condemning Israel it is really time to take sides.

http://www.thebusinessonline.com/Sto...8-E1AC85BF7FDF
        Oh God.

Hezbollah is a very dangerous Iranian backed organisation dedicated to the destruction of Israel. You should read the article on Hezbollah, in the Review section. It explains why an Iranian backed group have support. One reason is that they were able to provide jobs, and hospitals after the devastation caused by a civil war, and the Israeli occupation. In many respects, the hard line Israeli policy helped create Hezbollah (along with Iranian money). Just as the Israeli hard line tactics helped elevate Hamas.

So Israel is targeting Hezbollah are they?

At the moment Israel is killing huge numbers of civilians, and destroying civilian infrastructure. About 300 Labanese civilians have died compared to about 15 Israelis. I recently heard from a doctor in Beirut that one of his nurses was killed by an Israeli bomb/missile while on the way to work. According to new reports, convoys of refugees have been bombed, and many killed, and civilian houses have been flattened. The Sunday Times refers to a man who lost his father, wife and 6 children to Israeli bombs.

So how is that targetting Hezbollah? How does mass indiscriminate killing of civilians help?

In reality the bastards are probably punishing civilians for 'supporting' Hezbollah. IMO Israel is practising state terrorism. Just as Hezbollah is guilty of terrorism.

Unfortunately the effect of the Israel killings is to give support to the Islamic fascists, and to alienate moderates who might support Israel. Hezbollah must be jumpping for joy.

The sooner the leadership of Hezbollah and the Israeli government are tried for war crimes the better.

By the way, you might have heard of the King David Hotel situated in Jerusalem, in the then Mandate of Palestine. It was bombed by Jewish terrorists in about 1946 with the loss of 91 lives, many of them British. I find it shocking that the Israelis recently unveiled a plaque to the bombing referring to the terrorists as Jewish Freedom Fighters. The group was led by Menachem Begin, later to become Prime Minister of Israel. I call this terrorism. But smug relativists and soft liberals such as yourself might not.

I think you don't understand the mentality of Israeli Jews, who (rightly) see themselves as fighting an existential war, are who prepared to kill to achieve their aims, with little regard for the value of non Jewish lives. They are not as evil as Hezbollah, but they are not the angels you seem to think.

Comment

By the way, Hezbollah, and Iran do need sorting out, but mass murder won't do it.

Comment

Yes an excellent article. If accurate many westerners are grossly under-estimating the impact of an enemy sworn to your destruction.

The best is yet to come when Israel bombs Iran's nuclear facilities. As yet I fail to see how this is not going to happen. It's only a question of when. Is not Iran being a tad naive in thinking that inflaming Lebanon, they'll divert the west's (and Israel's) eye off their nuclear programme ? I'd of thought it focuses the minds and eyes of those feeling threatened by it all the more.

Comment

History Lessons

I'm surprised (amazed really) when I see :
              1. Someone as intelligent as DA falling for such a story. What do they mean by 60 years' war against Israel waged by Iran ? For those that have done some history at school, Iran was allied with the U.S (and Israel) when the Shah was in power (as recent as 1979) before the mullahs took power. So at best we are talking about 20-odd years of threats and indirect confrontation.
              2. A business newspaper carrying one-sided articles. And I thought business interests are not best served by wars (except of course the arms and construction industries). I wonder who the proprietor of this so-called business newspaper is.
              3. A state arguing about the right of self-defence when its disproportionate response to a minor incident results in the killings of hundreds - if not thousands - of innocent civilians, mainly women and children. Soldiers are conscripted/employed to fight and in the process get killied/injured/kidnapped etc. It happens all the time anywhere in the world, eg in Iraq or Afghanistan and even the mighty U.S. Army doesn't retaliate in such an excessive manner.
              Israel after this has lost any sympathy that may have had with most Westerners which (I for one) originally supported them in their fight against the the Arabs.

Comment

the point

The point that I am making is that Iran is fighting a war for the total destruction of Israel via its proxy allies in the form of Hezbollah. Israel has no chance of survival unless it wipes out at least Hizbollah. This essentially is a war between the West and Islamic fundamentalism. By wiping out Israel it eradicates tha West and its (our) values of democratic freedom from its territory.
                So therefore what is Israel to do?It does not wash tin tin to trash the article just because of who wrote it. After all if the article was so ridiculous you should be able to drive a tractor through it.
                The reason why religion in this country in particular snf the west as a whole has such little influence is because our society is too sophisticated, too well educated to be bothered. Religion is therefore marginalised. If western values and democracy were ever to exist in Iran the same would happen thus rendering the religious fundamentalists as powerless.
                That is why this war is also our war
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                  The point that I am making is that Iran is fighting a war for the total destruction of Israel via its proxy allies in the form of Hezbollah. Israel has no chance of survival unless it wipes out at least Hizbollah. This essentially is a war between the West and Islamic fundamentalism. By wiping out Israel it eradicates tha West and its (our) values of democratic freedom from its territory.
                  So therefore what is Israel to do?It does not wash tin tin to trash the article just because of who wrote it. After all if the article was so ridiculous you should be able to drive a tractor through it.
                  The reason why religion in this country in particular snf the west as a whole has such little influence is because our society is too sophisticated, too well educated to be bothered. Religion is therefore marginalised. If western values and democracy were ever to exist in Iran the same would happen thus rendering the religious fundamentalists as powerless.
                  That is why this war is also our war
                  Oh put a sock in it DA! Killing innocent lebanese civilians trying to flee the carnage and bombing hospitals is not our war. As much as you'd love it to be, it just isn't.

Comment

When I read this below as a British Citizen regarding the terror attack on the King David Hotel how could I ever support Israel ?

Unfortuantely it seems that Israel Palenstine and the Middle East is doomed to a cycle of never ending violence and to think that Peace will be achieved though War is absurd.

As Churchill said Jaw Jaw is better than War War.

By the way, you might have heard of the King David Hotel situated in Jerusalem, in the then Mandate of Palestine. It was bombed by Jewish terrorists in about 1946 with the loss of 91 lives, many of them British. I find it shocking that the Israelis recently unveiled a plaque to the bombing referring to the terrorists as Jewish Freedom Fighters. The group was led by Menachem Begin, later to become Prime Minister of Israel. I call this terrorism. But smug relativists and soft liberals such as yourself might not.

Comment

Working...
                    X