• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of Year Certificates/Forms From Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Year Certificates/Forms From Accountant

Hi All

I started contracting and set up my LTD company in Nov 2012 and using an accountant.
    I don't know much about running a LTD company and accountancy. So just wanted to find out,

1. What documents should I request/receive from my accountant for the financial year ending on 5 APR 2103? (Only P60)
    2. Any other things I should check or worry about?

Thanks
    S

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
    Hi All

I started contracting and set up my LTD company in Nov 2012 and using an accountant.
    I don't know much about running a LTD company and accountancy. So just wanted to find out,

1. What documents should I request/receive from my accountant for the financial year ending on 5 APR 2103? (Only P60)
    2. Any other things I should check or worry about?

Thanks
    S
    How about your inability to understand and deal with your legal responsibilities as a director possibly?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For personal tax, P60 (or equivalent) and P11D.

However accountant or not, the legal responsibility for company filings is with you as we'll, so ask your accountant about;

~ CT600
      ~ abbreviated accounts Companies House
      ~ P35
      ~ P11d(b)
      ~ Companies House Annual return.

You will be responsible in the first instance for any late submission fines.

Your accountant should have given you a guide of some sort to all of these.

Comment

Thanks Jessica for reply. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X