• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prepare for a rise in unemployment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepare for a rise in unemployment

IBM puts supercomputer Watson to work in ROBOT CALL CENTRE ? The Register

It appears that the last bastion of jobs for people who can't really do anything over and above the stuff any human can manage is about to be automated out of existence.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

The most useless of human beings will always have one last bastion of employment.

Recruitment agents.

Comment

NSFW

This is NSFW, but very funny.

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As long as people want to shout at people there will always be employment at call centres.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          The most useless of human beings will always have one last bastion of employment.

Recruitment agents.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If watson was that clever it could learn Java and replace half their consultants. They won't do that because what customers really want is a bum on a seat, and they can't make an artificial buttock yet.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              ... they can't make an artificial buttock yet.
              I'm sure I've seen some early prototypes in action at my last clientco.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                I'm sure I've seen some early prototypes in action at my last clientco.
                Yes but you can see they've put the arse at the wrong end of the spine....

Comment

Working...
                X