• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anarchy in the CUK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anarchy in the CUK!

It seems T'gyption people are up in arms again after 12 months of their GovtCo has failed to bring the reforms that they wanted first time round, it begs the question why is passion in UK Politics not as strong so much to say that anyone who voices a strong opinions is shouted down as an extremist or generally loony, is it a case of apathy or are we really better off than we thing?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

There was a discussion on R4 with Gordon Brown in about 2002, he said that it was impossible to raise taxes any further without causing mass protests from the public. There was more to his statement than meets the eye. Taxation is not just about raising money; it is about control of the people. In order to control a population you them to be a risk of losing their home (having a mortgage default is the easiest way) and making sure that they do not have too much time on their hands. If you look at places like Egypt, Turkey and Greece, property has been in the family for generations, they will not lose their homes if they lose their jobs and protest. In the UK and US, people are scared of losing their house.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      It seems T'gyption people are up in arms again after 12 months of their GovtCo has failed to bring the reforms that they wanted first time round, it begs the question why is passion in UK Politics not as strong so much to say that anyone who voices a strong opinions is shouted down as an extremist or generally loony, is it a case of apathy or are we really better off than we thing?
      One reason is that their population is growing so fast their average age is about 20, and the same goes for many Arab countries. So there's simply a larger proportion of idealistic young hot heads with little to lose in taking to the streets.

Not suggesting the Egyptians don't have genuine grievances though.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

... it begs the question why is passion in UK Politics not as strong...
        Could it be because we live in a generally functioning democracy, do not have an Islamist fundamentalist government, and are one of the richest countries in the world ?
        FFS Some of you cretins need to do a bit of travelling.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Panem et circenses.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Panem et circenses.
            You say that like its a bad thing. That's exactly what people want.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You say that like its a bad thing. That's exactly what people want.
              Pas de tout, mon ami. I agree, it's been the secret social recipe for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Pas de tout, mon ami. I agree, it's been the secret social recipe for thousands of years.
                My point is it's not secret, it's not some conspiracy theory - successful governments allow the conditions for happiness - in the human animal this involves some material comfort and some stimulation.
                When these conditions are not met revolution occurs, sooner or later.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  My point is it's not secret, it's not some conspiracy theory - successful governments allow the conditions for happiness - in the human animal this involves some material comfort and some stimulation.
                  When these conditions are not met revolution occurs, sooner or later.
                  OK, sorry, I see your point, yup agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X