• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40th Birthday pressie ideas.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40th Birthday pressie ideas.

Need to get something for a good mate's 40th. Budget about £150.

Current ideas are;
    Trial helicopter lesson
    Massive lego R2D2, although since he has a young lad doubtful he'd find the time to put the 3K bits together.

Need more ideas though. Thinking caps on people.

Ta.

A John Lennon Bio?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Current ideas are;
      Trial helicopter lesson
      Massive lego R2D2, although since he has a young lad doubtful he'd find the time to put the 3K bits together.

Ta.
      A track day experience from buyagift.com, if he hasn't had one already. Pretty exciting to drive lambos and ferraris once in a while.
      I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Current ideas are;
        Trial helicopter lesson

Ta.
        How about a nice hot lunch?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
          A track day experience from buyagift.com, if he hasn't had one already. Pretty exciting to drive lambos and ferraris once in a while.
          He's done a couple of them already but a good call.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          How about a nice hot lunch?
          Lunch is for wimps.

Comment

Long answer for you here. I am assuming he has a number of friends and family/kids etc. Does this sound like your mates cup of tea?

Speak to his wife who is also probably having kittens about what to do. Get her to round up a number of people and instead of trying to get him a present get her to sort out a trip/event every month over the year allocated to groups of you or individuals. He doesn't get prezzies as such on his birthdays, just a lot of invites to events to mark a full year of his 40th. Can be anything from a group curry with old friends to something a bit more splendid if you club together. August could be a round of golf with his buddies, September afternoon tea at somewhere posh with close family, Oct old friends curry night and so on and so on.

If he is a sociable sort then he will enjoy the constant little parties and get togethers rather than stuff that will be forgotten in a week and spends the rest of his special year feeling old and unloved.

If he isn't the sociable type then just get him a years subscription to a skin mag and a 4 pack of mens tissues. HTH
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lunch is for wimps.
              Not Hot Lunches!!!

Comment

A lads day out. Carting, Clay Shooting, Offroading etc with his mates followed by beer and curry, assuming he has any apart from you. Round them up and organise it. If he's got small kids he'll appreciate a day off to do man stuff for his birthday.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Something like go-karting but a bit more upmarket? I've not donea track day experience but I understand they don't let you actually race (hardly surprising) whereas in karts or whatever you can have a proper ding-dong.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is he a real ale type? Speak to a local but fairly well known micro brewery and see if they can do anything he might be interested in. Tour or help brew a vat that can be labelled bottled by him or something a little different?

Comment

Working...
                    X