• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gushing Lady Garden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gushing Lady Garden

The missus is growing a little veggie patch, but the soil is too heavy for carrots. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I believe DooDab is an expert

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Tell your wifew to try a marrow. Her garden will be gushing in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The missus is growing a little veggie patch, but the soil is too heavy for carrots. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I believe DooDab is an expert

Strange for her to be so late and you to be so early.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You need to get a soil ph indicator kit first.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You might want to look at improving the soil.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You might want to look at improving the soil.
            Or the seed.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have no clue, but I am quite happy with my wife mowing my lawn.
              I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
                I have no clue, but I am quite happy with my wife mowing my lawn.
                Before I had a vasectomy, I allowed the wife to mow my garden. I'd not let her do it again...

Comment

The only way is dig the old stuff out, take it to the tip in rubble bags, and replace with good 'Border Soil' which is basically compost. It costs about £50 for a tonne bag or logarithmically more per kg for a smaller bag.

I've not looked back, best bit is you get a nicely draining garden you can use rather than a miserable sodden weed infested clay pit.
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                  X