• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best luggage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best luggage?

My trusty and hardwearing Delsey suitcases which I bought in 1998 are finally looking a bit battered and I am looking to replace them. I guess technology has moved on - any of you inveterate travellers got any recommendations for the best luggage? Looking for a couple of large 4-wheel spinners and 2 matching cabin cases. Not sure if this new hard material (forget the name) is any good? I've always bought soft suitcases on the basis they would withstand baggage handlers (i.e. unable to break) and taken my valuables as cabin luggage.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Might be very common knowledge, but I stand by American Tourister. Their trolleys are pretty good, and hence the manoeuvrability.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

So you can't even choose luggage on your own?

You can pretend it's your old Hyabusa.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You can pretend it's your old Hyabusa.

I miss my Hyabusa. If I was single like you I'd get one.
        Oh wait, you're not man enough for a motorbike are you?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Peli Products, S.L.U. | Manufacturer of high-impact, watertight equipment Protector Cases and safety approved, technically advanced flashlights
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

American Tourister for checked in luggage + £10 "budget airlines sized" cabin one from the local market.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I miss my Hyabusa. If I was single like you I'd get one.
              Oh wait, you're not man enough for a motorbike are you?
              Well, that's possibly ok, but I know people who miss their Hayabusa more

Looks like another thing you didn't actually have, for you'd know how Suzuki spelled it

Comment

My experience is that Antler luggage looks well made but the locks go after a few trips. My trusty Samsonite however, is still going strong since '98 and has visited 6 continents.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Well, that's possibly ok, but I know people who miss their Hayabusa more

Looks like another thing you didn't actually have, for you'd know how Suzuki spelled it
                  Well spotted.

He's got a Toyota GT 87 as well you know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    My experience is that Antler luggage looks well made but the locks go after a few trips. My trusty Samsonite however, is still going strong since '98 and has visited 6 continents.
                    Knew you'd have something constructive to say, Pondy.
                    Yes was looking at John Lewis website, they stock Antlers and Samsonites - funny enough the Antlers have a 10 year guarantee and the Samsonites just 5.
                    I think the hard cases are made of polycarbonate, but I reckon soft ones are the way to go, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X