• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been diving off Lanzarote?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been diving off Lanzarote?

Looking for a cheeky week somewhere warm in Sept and can't be arsed with the chav fest that is Sharm these days.

So what's Lanzarote like? Or am I kidding myself that it's going to be anything other than groups of lads in matching tour shirts.

i went have been to lanzarote twice in last few years

stayed Here

i went in school holidays and ok it had a few kids but was also popular with the spanish did not seem to chavy and is maybe mile and half outside town centre (taxi's are maybe 3-4 euro into town) or a nice seafront walk away (which is not so nice in the midday sun)

think another poster on here has also been and to be honest i would recommend - also close enough to get a boat trip to furteventura (sp!)

never been diving though!
    Last edited by original PM; 2 July 2013, 12:56. Reason: answer the damn question!

Comment

Been diving off Gran Canaria, its better than the UK, but not as good as Egypt for actual diving experience, but you are probably right about the state of Sharm at the moment, avoid if possible
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been twice, dived with the Rubicon Dive Centre who I can recommend for the free Nitrox, nice boats, robust attitude to safety, free coffee and cakes in the surface intervals, good dive sites and friendly staff. Also dived with the Lanzarote Dive College, who I would not return to - an item of my kit went 'missing' while in the centre and it emerged that this was a not uncommon occurrance but the owner was completely unsympathetic. There had been a pattern of such thefts and he refused to report them to the police in order to avoid damaging his reputation.

Expect to see some good wrecks, rays, barracuda, turtles, angel sharks, cuttlefish. You'll need a full 5 or 7mm suit. Plenty to do inland for any non-divers also. Rubicon Marina has a nice mix of non-chav bars, restaurants (Tapas and Seafood) and live music.
        Last edited by pjclarke; 2 July 2013, 13:27. Reason: Typo
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

and Rubicon marina is approx 7 mins from the hotel.....

sounds like we have given you a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            sounds like we have given you a plan!
            You have indeed. Details have been passed to Mrs P for approval to proceed to the next stage.

Thanks all!

Comment

Enjoy! The walk to Playa Blanca for a beer/some tapas is a pleasant one, of a summer's evening. Tat markets in the Marina Wednesday and Saturday, not to mention

Very clean and well looked after, the free public loo was a pleasant surprise
              What full lives some people do lead ...

Marina Rubicon Reviews - Playa Blanca, Lanzarote Attractions - TripAdvisor
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Its really nice and family friendly places abound.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I went here and it was tulip apart from being picked up by prostitutes (I thought they were lapdancers in a club but obviously not) and being told that I wouldn't have to pay but my mates would Fully of chavvy Brits (and quite a few Germans) buying tat and fags. ******* hot though.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Surely Sharm is better because it is the red sea, with the multicoloured luminous fish, which I don't think you get in Lanzarote.
                    It is also part of Egypt, so if a civil war kicks off there you might be in for some entertainment of the military kind .

Comment

Working...
                    X