• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are wimbledon lady tennis players so fat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are wimbledon lady tennis players so fat?

Well obviously not in absolute terms - but relatively alot of them seem to be carrying a few etra kilos - especially round the stomach. All the men seem to not have an ounce of fat on them.

I am aware women have "shirt potatoes"(fnar fnar) but why carry extra pounds at the top level.

Are they all trying to carry love handles for MTT or summat?

BTW it was not me who said this - it was Mrs BP. I was too busy looking at their knickers to notice their stomachs....
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 2 July 2013, 16:07. Reason: Mrs BP..

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Well obviously not in absolute terms - but relatively alot of them seem to be carrying a few etra kilos - especially round the stomach. All the men seem to not have an ounce of fat on them.

I am aware women have "shirt potatoes"(fnar fnar) but why carry extra pounds at the top level.

BTW it was not me who said this - it was Mrs BP. I was too busy looking at their knickers to notice their stomachs....
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What's the problem with fat chicks? I am into BBWs and I wish there were more birds like Sabine Lisicki et al.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Unlike in sprinting, long distance running, gymnastics and prof dancing being normal weight in tennis like in shot put, javelin and discus doesn't matter.

The women in real life doing these last group of sports are actually normal size* there as sprinters, long distance runners, gymnasts and professional dancers are actually much thinner than they appear on TV and in photos.

*normal size but thinner than your average British woman.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They are more attractive with a few extra kilos. Normal in fact.

Comment

Is it because in terms of overall earnings a decent cleavage is more important than a few places in the rankings?

Ideal weight/build for sport has a tremendous variation from the shot putters/rugby players at one end down to the cyclists/long distance runners at the other.

Tennis does seem to be one of the most demanding sports in terms of stamina and I never understand how they put themselves through that pain once they have made their millions. Some sports I understand continuing, golf for one, it's what people do when they retire and take it easy anyway, tennis, boxing, long distance running, once I made a million I would walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
                What's the problem with fat chicks? I am into BBWs and I wish there were more birds like Sabine Lisicki et al.
                Yep, because she's a real podge. Sabine ate all the pies. Look at all those wobbling blobs of blubberbubbles;

I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  They are more attractive with a few extra kilos. Normal in fact.
                  No, women shaped like Ms Lisicki are attractive. She doesn't have 'extra kilos'. They get uglier with the shortage of kilos that catwalk models have.

Comment

Tennis players aren't fat, or skinny. They are about ideal in terms of toned athleticism and healthy weight, unlike many athletes (men too) who maintain artificially low body fat levels.

If I had daughters I'd rather they looked to tennis players rather than models for inspiration. Despite what the doubters say about the importance of looks, it takes a ****load of hard work to make it into the pro ranks and stay there.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X