• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eekonomists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eekonomists

Seems like being an eek-onomist means you can spout any old tut and people will just believe what you say.

For instance, this week I have an email from MoneyMorning telling me this is the end of Britain as we know it, and to buy their magazine to find out how to safeguard my wealth.

This morning I received an email from BullBearings telling me that Britain is moving into recovery and to subscribe to their newsletter to find out how to profit from this recovery, ie which companies to invest in.

Can't wait for the MotleyFool email
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Moneyweek have been saying Britain is fooked and house prices will fall 98% for at least 10 years.

They also said don't buy the US/UK stock market in 2009, and buy into Japan instead.

Comment

The US is moving out of recession fast (Porsche has just had record June sales there, which is a good sign).
      Britain has been bumping along on the bottom but latest indicators are promising (car sales in the last year are at a record).
      Anglo-saxon QE certainly seems to have been a better policy than German austerity (PIIGS economies are shrinking fast), at least in the short run.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The US is moving out of recession fast (Porsche has just had record June sales there, which is a good sign).
        Britain has been bumping along on the bottom but latest indicators are promising (car sales in the last year are at a record).
        Anglo-saxon QE certainly seems to have been a better policy than German austerity (PIIGS economies are shrinking fast), at least in the short run.
        I don't get QE. If we need to print more money, as we ran out of money, where did the money we lost go to? Is there a giant couch somewhere with a few trillion in coppers and a pizza takeaway menu under one of the cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I don't get QE. If we need to print more money, as we ran out of money, where did the money we lost go to? Is there a giant couch somewhere with a few trillion in coppers and a pizza takeaway menu under one of the cushions.
          It went into bankers pockets, who have it stashed in tax havens and invested in property all over the world.

Our job now is to pay tonnes of tax in return for no public services until there's enough money for them to do it all again.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It went into bankers pockets, who have it stashed in tax havens and invested in property all over the world.

Our job now is to pay tonnes of tax in return for no public services until there's enough money for them to do it all again.

HTH BIDI
            Got it. TDH BIDYGT.

So why are people in Cyprus taking 50% haircuts on their savings when we could simply ask the bankers to give some of it back?

Comment

Got it. TDH BIDYGT.

So why are people in Cyprus taking 50% haircuts on their savings when we could simply ask the bankers to give some of it back?
              Bwankers are takers not givers.

Comment

Bwankers are takers not givers.
                So regulate them?

Comment

So regulate them?
                  When you realise the banking elite regulate the govt, it all makes sense.

Comment

When you realise the banking elite regulate the govt, it all makes sense.
                    Linky?

Comment

Working...
                    X