• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exporting to Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting to Germany

English swear word 's***storm' enters German dictionary after gaining popularity during the eurozone crisis | Mail Online

The swear word 's***storm' has been entered into the German equivalent of the Oxford English Dictionary after gaining popularity during the eurozone crisis.

Duden said it was reflecting the common use of the word among Germans, including even Chancellor Angela Merkel who said it during a public meeting recently.

The phrase is used to donate a public outcry, particularly one that gains pace on the internet.

The online version of Duden defines the word as: 'Noun, masculine – a storm of protest in a communications medium of the internet, which is associated in part with insulting remarks.'
    nice to see we are exporting something
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I do hear Germans say 'Sorry' a lot more than I used to.

I'm like grow a pair, this isn't Britain.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bugger. Does this mean I need to buy a new duden? Or shall I just download it to my kindle?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I do hear Germans say 'Sorry' a lot more than I used to.

I'm like grow a pair, this isn't Britain.
        Is "Grüß Gott" still common in Bavaria or has that gone?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Is "Grüß Gott" still common in Bavaria or has that gone?
          Yes! As is 'Servus', I just make a point of saying 'Hallo' instead.

A friend of my wife's 2nd half is German, from the north. When he travels back up north to visit the parents he puts special emphasis on "Grüß Gott", drives them mad!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We exported Suity, haven't they suffered enough
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              We exported Suity, haven't they suffered enough
              Duck off!!
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Duck off!!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X