• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life Immitates Art

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Immitates Art

BBC News - The boy killed for an off-hand remark about Muhammad - Sharia spreads in Syria

The murder of a boy accused of blasphemy has come to symbolise concerns about the power of Islamist radicals in Syria's armed uprising...

She remembers Mohammed as a happy, dutiful son, well known and well-liked in the Shaar neighbourhood where the men of the family scrape a living with a coffee cart.

He was 14 years old, but with no schooling possible because of the war he was usually to be found on the busy main thoroughfare through Shaar, selling the thick, sweet coffee they prefer here.

One day last month, someone asked him for a free cup. "Not even if the Prophet himself returns," he had replied, laughing. That remark was a death sentence.
    Now where have we seen this before

Monty Python's "Life of Brian" (Stoned to death...) - YouTube
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Seem's ironic that yesterday I was defending Islam and their right to show the call to prayer on Channel 4 and then this comes out the next day, hard to defend stories like this

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Seem's ironic that yesterday I was defending Islam and their right to show the call to prayer on Channel 4 and then this comes out the next day, hard to defend stories like this
      Well, yes but you were defending Islam. You were not defender nutcases who happened to be Islamic.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Now yer getting it
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Now yer getting it
          I am sure there are plenty of atrocities carried out in the name of Christianity as well, in fact I think the collective noun could be a Crusade of Christian Atrocities

Comment

I am sure there are plenty of atrocities carried out in the name of Christianity as well, in fact I think the collective noun could be a Crusade of Christian Atrocities
            OK name me the last person to be shot in the face for blaspheming against Jesus?

Comment

People often quote this to 'justify' the current jihadism going on..

but the crusades were about 1000 years ago ffs.

although the Spanish inquisition was more recent - and not as bloody as everyone thinks apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                People often quote this to 'justify' the current jihadism going on..

but the crusades were about 1000 years ago ffs.

although the Spanish inquisition was more recent - and not as bloody as everyone thinks apparently.
                Ok, would you be more comfortable with "The Troubles" being used as an argument with an esitamtes 3,500 killed and 47,000 injured, which in retrospect is a better analogy as it basically a religion turning on its own

Comment

This option is of course open to the Muslim powers that be link

de·nounce
                  tr.v. de·nounced, de·nounc·ing, de·nounc·es
                  1. To condemn openly as being evil or reprehensible.

Comment

Ok, would you be more comfortable with "The Troubles" being used as an argument with an esitamtes 3,500 killed and 47,000 injured, which in retrospect is a better analogy as it basically a religion turning on its own
                    Yes, and the governments of both nations, and respective churches worked extremely hard to bring peace.

Comment

Working...
                    X