• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's alright lads he's sorry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's alright lads he's sorry

Another brilliant NL plan

First offenders can be let off if they say sorry to their victims. According to the article it will be a very difficult thing for them to do and it is therefore not going soft on crime. Now, let me see - fine, community, prison or 'Sorry mate'.... I wonder....

I don't want the perp to SAY sorry, I want him to BE sorry. A large electrical charge through the love spuds would do it I think.
    Boom boom boom boom
    A-haw haw haw haw
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

If offence is small then its reasonable so long as its done for the FIRST time offenders only, its those who commit lots of crimes are the problem and should be put firmly behind bars, something that would be possible if first time offenders are not exposed to experienced criminals who would ensure that first timers will come back for more.

Comment

I agree we don't want to expose first-timers to hardened crims, that's why I go for the electrical charge to the gonads option.
        Boom boom boom boom
        A-haw haw haw haw
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          If offence is small then its reasonable so long as its done for the FIRST time offenders only, its those who commit lots of crimes are the problem and should be put firmly behind bars, something that would be possible if first time offenders are not exposed to experienced criminals who would ensure that first timers will come back for more.
          From what I understand our prisons are at capacity.

I wonder what the breakdown is between -

Remand

First Time Offenders

Recidivists
          http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NickIT
            From what I understand our prisons are at capacity.

I wonder what the breakdown is between -

Remand

First Time Offenders

Recidivists
            I'll solve that. Every prisoner should be stuck into a queue about 6 people long based on the severity of their crime. If they run out of space on the queue, then the person at the top (most severe) should be executed.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              I'll solve that. Every prisoner should be stuck into a queue about 6 people long based on the severity of their crime. If they run out of space on the queue, then the person at the top (most severe) should be executed.
              Bit of a problem executing people before they've had a trial!

Comment

Originally posted by NickIT
                Bit of a problem executing people before they've had a trial!
                But a lot of trials drag on for years over minor technicalities costing the taxpaper millions in the process. TheMonkey's idea will save a lot of mazooma that can be spent on fitting air-con and comfy sofas in all the prisons.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
                  But a lot of trials drag on for years over minor technicalities costing the taxpaper millions in the process. TheMonkey's idea will save a lot of mazooma that can be spent on fitting air-con and comfy sofas in all the prisons.
                  Or even our own independent nuclear deterent if the Americans let us....

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                    Another brilliant NL plan

First offenders can be let off if they say sorry to their victims. According to the article it will be a very difficult thing for them to do and it is therefore not going soft on crime. Now, let me see - fine, community, prison or 'Sorry mate'.... I wonder....
                    My dad was beaten up about 18 months ago by two guys. The police caught one based upon DNA and the fact he wan't bright enough to run far enough away, as he left blood all over the window frames he put his bare hands through.

All the way through the case he denied the incident (2 * GBH (coppers) 1* ABH (dad) and 2 * criminal damage).

When he came to cour he turned up in a nice designer suite, fresh white teeth and a big sorry sir won't happen again.

He was given 100 hours of Comunity sevice and supervision order, but still on the street. Plue 2 £100 fines, one for my dad and one for the people who owned the house he wrecked, despite the total cost of repair was £3,500.

A month after the case my dad recieved a letter from a Probation officer type person (PO) saying that he wanted to meet my dad to say "SORRY", he was clearly nervous of this, so I phone the PO to see what this was all about. THe PO told me that it was part of this guy rehab to say sorry. I asked her "Did he volunteer to do this?". "No, he was told to, so he could REDUCE his punishment".

FFS

Mel Smith and the Not the 9 oclick new team had it right "OFF WITH THEIR GOOLIES"
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X