• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car for my bird

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car for my bird

Currently she has a Ford Cougar 2.8 V6 auto, which has 122k miles, and runs fine, but it's starting to show it's age. Right now she leaks a lot of oil, and plugging holes all the time is costly in contracting business and boring. Hence, we are looking for a replacement. Golf GTI (55 Reg, £6000, 89k miles), Audi A3 (06 Reg, 89k miles, £6000), Honda Civic iV-tec(2007, 57k miles, £4200). Has anyone got any personal experience on these cars? Thoughts?
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
    Currently she has a Ford Cougar 2.8 V6 auto, which has 122k miles, and runs fine, but it's starting to show it's age. Right now she leaks a lot of oil, and plugging holes all the time is costly in contracting business and boring. Hence, we are looking for a replacement. Golf GTI (55 Reg, £6000, 89k miles), Audi A3 (06 Reg, 89k miles, £6000), Honda Civic iV-tec(2007, 57k miles, £4200). Has anyone got any personal experience on these cars? Thoughts?
    Sorry the car or the bird?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Sorry the car or the bird?
      Both leak, but the car is more worrisome. I don't mind plugging the bird. I would mind if anyone else did, however...
      I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Sasguru will tell you the German options are all crap and the jap mobiles paragons of virtue.

HTH BIDI

What's she looking for in a car? Anyway women choose cars completely differently to men. They mostly like blue ones.

Comment

Too tasteful?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A Ginkel?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Too tasteful?
              Lol. Is that an Aventador? Not her taste, I am sure. She is still deciding whether she wants a DSG box or stick with normal auto. I keep telling her that Skoda Fabia 1.2l etc is a waste because their realistic max speed is about 100 mph, and she drives her cougar at 80-90 mph on dual carriageways

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Sasguru will tell you the German options are all crap and the jap mobiles paragons of virtue.

HTH BIDI

What's she looking for in a car? Anyway women choose cars completely differently to men. They mostly like blue ones.
                She wants a smaller car, because currently she struggles with parking and goes round in circles in the parking lot to park between 2 white lines instead of 3
                Then again, she thinks she is ok with loss power as long as the car looks cute and drives well. I tell her that it is difficult to go from 168 bhp, 2.8 v6 to a 90 bhp 1.2l engine. Better take her to drive a skoda fabia.

Comment

Obviously this one:

The only person who knows what car to pick is the lady in question - you can rationalise all you want and show her pages of reviews and data, but ultimately she will just pick the one that feels right and woe betide anyone who disagrees.

Comment

What sort of bird is it?

A parrot would be pleased with this car

but possibly too big for a canary or finch.

Comment

Working...
                    X