• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B that became Plan A

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B that became Plan A

Fell on its arse spectacularly. Plenty of invoices went out and few were paid so cashflow problems meant leaving my beautiful house and now hunting around for something else.

Valuable lessons learned which I'll turn into a positive and starting afresh? Been there seen it washed the t-shirt.

So looking for contract work in a tulipe market but getting bits and pieces to keep me in food and fuel. Warchest is intact and I'll tough it out rather than eat into that and for whatever reason the chronic back pain that has contributed to the downer has spontaneously gone literally overnight so instead of feeling like tulipe I'm on a high.

Until some decent contract work comes along (permie? I'm not that desperate), I've cast my lot in with a startup to keep me busy and cover expenses while I help them make money. There's nothing more exciting than a greenfield project to get stuck into while keeping an eye on Jobtulipe.

I should even have time to get the CUK cookbook together and ready to go soon.

Carry on.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Fell on its arse spectacularly. Plenty of invoices went out and few were paid so cashflow problems meant leaving my beautiful house and now hunting around for something else.

Valuable lessons learned which I'll turn into a positive and starting afresh? Been there seen it washed the t-shirt.

So looking for contract work in a tulipe market but getting bits and pieces to keep me in food and fuel. Warchest is intact and I'll tough it out rather than eat into that and for whatever reason the chronic back pain that has contributed to the downer has spontaneously gone literally overnight so instead of feeling like tulipe I'm on a high.

Until some decent contract work comes along (permie? I'm not that desperate), I've cast my lot in with a startup to keep me busy and cover expenses while I help them make money. There's nothing more exciting than a greenfield project to get stuck into while keeping an eye on Jobtulipe.

I should even have time to get the CUK cookbook together and ready to go soon.

Carry on.

good man.

I hope I misread the first bit about you losing your house.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      good man.

I hope I misread the first bit about you losing your house.
      You didn't. I was planning on a move to a different village this year but not quite in these circumstances.

Onwards and upwards, fck the world I'll always win.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Sorry to here that.

Ill be floating around in a couple of weeks if yer not up to much. Took on a very short term gig.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Are you likely to get paid eventually?

It's better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Sorry to here that.

Ill be floating around in a couple of weeks if yer not up to much. Took on a very short term gig.
            Up for a jam or a pint anytime.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Sorry to hear that. Are you likely to get paid eventually?

It's better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
            I will get some of it back eventually but short term cashflow can be a showstopper. No regrets, I had to do this.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Sorry to hear it. Hope it all work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Sorry to hear it. Hope it all work out.
                Broke the golden rule and take note - don't get into business with friends you'll lose both.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Broke the golden rule and take note - don't get into business with friends you'll lose both.
                  fckn damn right. rellies too
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hey that's my plan! More of a contractor colleague I'm on friendly terms with than a friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X