• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My HiFi days appear to be over.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HiFi days appear to be over.

There was a time when I'd have lusted after sommat such as this:

Those days are gone, thankfully.

The pricing is interesting though, it's $16k in SepticLand, whilst it's a mere £16k in this benighted realm.

Ripoff Britain once again.

I must say it's quite impressive to get 50W class A single ended out of a valve amp.

So that's a minimum (and/or maximum) of about 300W per channel (600W stereo) power consumption even when it's not making any noise.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 27 May 2017, 15:42.

B.O.H.I.C.A
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

For that sort of money you could get some really nice active ATC or PMC monitors.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have the 42W mono-block version of these at home.

Gorgeous sound - and extremely reliable.

--Jatinder

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        There was a time when I'd have lusted after sommat such as this:

Those days are gone, thankfully.

The pricing is interesting though, it's $16k in SepticLand, whilst it's a mere £16k in this benighted realm.

Ripoff Britain once again.

Comment

The trouble is by the time you can afford these things your ears are forked.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I must say it's quite impressive to get 50W class A single ended out of a valve amp.

So that's a minimum (and/or maximum) of about 300W per channel (600W stereo) power consumption even when it's not making any noise.
            Toasty.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Better fire up the fusion reactor me thinks.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

That should keep the coffee warm.

Don't leave it too long though or it'll evaporate boil away.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X