• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone near Covent Garden - go here for lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone near Covent Garden - go here for lunch

Yahoo!

Wish I could!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

What is the point of stacking burgers that high? They are a nightmare to try and eat and just end up being a separated mess on the plate. Surely lower and wider is the way to go.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Yahoo!

Wish I could!
      I'm sure I might have a go at some time or another but I have to say that Five Guys is rather too close to the Hawksmoor in seven dials. So given a once in a month or so chance to chow down it's going to be the Hawksmoor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        I'm sure I might have a go at some time or another but I have to say that Five Guys is rather too close to the Hawksmoor in seven dials. So given a once in a month or so chance to chow down it's going to be the Hawksmoor for me.
        Five Guys for takeaway, Hawksmoor for sitting down, innit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Not quite the same thing. These places are cheaper alternatives to GBK, Byron etc, ie. slightly upmarket burgers. Hawksmoor's burgers are £15+ and a full dinner will get close to £100 a head.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Five Guys for takeaway, Hawksmoor for sitting down, innit.
            Yes but if I put food in my mouth I will take some time to do the job properly. I know damn well that that sort of meal will endup with at least a two pound weight gain so I am not giving up those pounds without good cause!

I went from 21.8 stone at this time last year to 17.8 at the moment but I have stayed at my current weight because every few weeks my diary turns back into an orgy of client lunches and meetups that mean that I gain back the losses of the previous few weeks

Comment

Working...
            X