• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doctors Receptionists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors Receptionists

The most unhelpful people on the planet at my surgery it seems.

Phoned today to try and make an urgent appointment. Was told there's only one doctor on, and I would need to come in and wait. Which is fair enough, but the tone of her voice was just dreadful, as if I was asking her to sacrifice her first born.
    Asked if there was anything available on monday. "No, absolutely nothing" - and the voice tone again.
    So feeling totally dejected, and not wanting to obviously annoy her even more I decided my ailment was perhaps not so urgent and gave up.
    Wished her a good day and hung up.

I then decided to see if my surgery has a website, which it does, and after registering an account, found 4 appointments available for monday, so took the 5:30pm one.
    How she concluded there were none free on the monday is anyones guess!

People in these jobs deal with all sorts of crap so I reckon they start on the defensive but will mirror the way you treat them. If you don't bite at their initial attitude, I find they tend to warm up when they realise you are not going to have a go.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      People in these jobs deal with all sorts of crap so I reckon they start on the defensive but will mirror the way you treat them. If you don't bite at their initial attitude, I find they tend to warm up when they realise you are not going to have a go.
      Totally didn't bite at all. I was speaking very quietly and softly so no-one else in the office could hear.
      Thats what made me feel so dejected, it wasn't like I was off with her in the slightest, I was actually being quite pleasant.

Comment

The NHS is broken beyond repair IMHO (except literally at the cutting edge where there are some excellent surgeons).
        The rot started in the Labour administration when GPs were given too much money with no corresponding responsibilities. The end result is that many now work part-time since they get paid enough anyway - hence why should they work weekends/evenings or even full time.
        And that's why you can't see the same GP every time so they get to know you - like it used to be a few years ago.
        And the support staff are quite often rude and arrogant since they have that public sector sense of entitlement added to which is the sense of the NHS as a "sacred cow".
        Last edited by sasguru; 5 July 2013, 14:54.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You can get revenge by walking in, dropping your kecks and demanding that your piles are inspected right this minute or else.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You can get revenge by walking in, dropping your kecks and demanding that your piles are inspected right this minute or else.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I'm hoping my ailment actually is.

Comment

Doctors receptionists are hired for their ability to be nasty to people when they ask for appointments.

Oddly if they phone you up or you are checking results or medication they talk to you like a normal human being....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Computer says no.

Perhaps you share a surgery with Suity. He's probably got most of the appointments booked months ahead.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Computer says no.

Perhaps you share a surgery with Suity. He's probably got most of the appointments booked months ahead.

Very possible. He and I are not too far apart I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                    Totally didn't bite at all. I was speaking very quietly and softly so no-one else in the office could hear.
                    Thats what made me feel so dejected, it wasn't like I was off with her in the slightest, I was actually being quite pleasant.
                    I suppose the odd one is just a cow Especially in the south, everyone is rude there...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X