• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It always amuses me when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always amuses me when

someone foolishly proposes a new business and someone else says "already been done" as if for any given market there is

A. Only ever one player
    B. No room for competition
    C. No way anyone else can enter an existing market and not take market share from the other players.
    D. No possiblity the market is growing rapidly

I wonder if Jack Cohen ever thought "No point, J Sainsbury has already done it"

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    someone foolishly proposes a new business and someone else says "already been done" as if for any given market there is

A. Only ever one player
    C. No way anyone else can enter an existing market and not take market share from the other players.

Too true.

I remember telling a colleague in 1998 at a web design shop we worked about Google beta. His response:

"Nah, Google will never work as AltaVista have already done the search engine."

Love it.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

A. Only ever one player

Quit w@anking on this forum and get on with it, then ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes

Ford have already done the mass market car.
        Microsoft the operating system.
        Sainsbury the supermarket.
        New Labour the government.

No need for anything else.

Comment

A. Only ever one player

I'm sure this post has already been done before
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
          X