• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grammar and punctuation standards have improved over the decade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grammar and punctuation standards have improved over the decade

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5209494.stm

One has only to see the difference between the oldies and the young whippersnappers on this forum to know what a pile of tulipe this is.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Not on ere they avnt!
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It's true I tell you. A-level students have become 50% cleverer since 1997. How can you argue otherwise? These are official government figures and well within the confines of evolutionary theory. Under New Labour school leavers have evolved in a new species, homo superior. You can see it just by looking at one of this year's A-level students...

By the end of New Labour's current term of office, school leavers will have dispensed with the need for physical form altogether and will have evolved into beings of pure energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
        By the end of New Labour's current term of office, school leavers will have dispensed with the need for physical form altogether and will have evolved into beings of pure energy.
        Agree DS, but your conclusion is wrong. It should read...

By the end of New Labour's current term of office, school leavers will have dispensed with the need for physical form altogether and will have evolved into beings of pure lethargy.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Careful, Bogey, you're so sharp today I fear you might cut yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

One has only to see the difference between the oldies and the young whippersnappers on this forum to know what a pile of tulipe this is.
            Too right - dogs
            2rite - pups

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
              It's true I tell you. A-level students have become 50% cleverer since 1997. How can you argue otherwise? These are official government figures and well within the confines of evolutionary theory. Under New Labour school leavers have evolved in a new species, homo superior. You can see it just by looking at one of this year's A-level students...

Since when have Daleks been reasonable? !
              http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Indeed.
                Harumph!
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Spell checkers and Grammar checkers must skew the results.

Comment

I still buy my fruit and veg in lb and oz..............

C'mon it's been many a long furlong since we used this crap....and we're all still alive

Comment

Working...
                    X