• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife coming up to 40 years old.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife coming up to 40 years old.

She's 40 this year, has pretty much whatever she's always wanted, and I am struggling for ideas. Yes, the weekend in Milan, Madrid would be nice, but I genuinely don't think she'd like being away from the kids for 4 days. I have been probing away (steady) asking questions, but I genuinely think she's an acutely happy camper. But it's a big birthday, so I want to do something big, yet, well, it doesn't seem on.

She's not a fashionista, not really avaricious in anyway, and puts the kids, and everyone before her. But I am struggling thinking of things she'd love to do, just for herself.

Should I simply organise a big ass 3 weeks away (its over xmas) with all of us, and kow tow to her just wanting to be together all the time or force the issue?

Genuinely confused as to what to do and time is quickly running down.

New passport showing she is 30?

Might be a problem if your kids are over 14.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      New passport showing she is 30?
      I really don't think she gives a tulip to be honest. I am genuinely struggling

Comment

Why not just give her that divorce she wants?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A toyboy?

Comment

Mix a couple of nights at a posh hotel with a spa, with a helicopter night ride over London
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Shurleyshomemishtake

You mean how to I trade her in for a younger model.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                She's not a fashionista, not really avaricious in anyway, and puts the kids, and everyone before her. But I am struggling thinking of things she'd love to do, just for herself.
                Had exactly the same issue with my lady for her 40th. Got everything she wants, gets her own cloths, not gadgety etc and was sweating it myself.

She values friends and family above material goods so instead I put a load of time and effort in ringing round friends (old and new) and family and get everyone to arrange some kind of get together once a month for the entire year. Anything as simple as a ladies house party evening arranged by one of her friends, wine/massage etc, meal at her fave restaurant with close family, barbecue at her brothers with all the children of the family around, weekend in Amsterdam with her buddies, trip to Ireland for the weekend to see cousins out there. None of them cost anything much but to see everyone throughout the whole year where she was center of attention at each do meant more than any physical present could. I made handled all the arrangements. All she did was be ready and I made sure she got there.

Each event was written in to the card from whoever was arranging it so she had 12+ events to look forward to. We are 9 months or so in to it and she still looks forward to the next event.

I know I keep banging on about this one but I scored big time with this one. Tells me it was best birthday surprise after every do so a year to remember. Never had so much nookie!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Take her dogging!

Comment

Does she have any hobbies?

Comment

Working...
                    X