• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carjacked!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carjacked!

FFS, I could do without the imbecilic classes clambering into my car and demanding I take them places or they'll take the car off me

Full story, unless the police decide to actually treat the crime as a crime and I have to take it down pending legal action. Which would be nice

EDIT: decided to take that post down for now, but long story short: some bozo jumps in the passenger seat of my car as I'm stopped, and demands I take him to a village a few miles away, or he'll take the car and do it himself. I've already noticed several police vehicles involved in an incident up the road, so drive him there, stop and leap out with the keys. He does runner. Police don't really want to go to the trouble of doing anything.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 7 July 2013, 21:32.

I'm glad your are alright though, and your car is alright too so that is a bonus.

It will be interesting to find out what (if anything) the police are going to do and what reason they have for taking that course of (in)action.

Comment

Never mind, CSI will be around on full blues and twos sometime next week to solve the mystery.

You'll probably get nicked for aiding and abetting.

Trust you can still sleep soundly!

P.S. Did you get the £20?
      Last edited by ctdctd; 7 July 2013, 06:08. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        P.S. Did you get the £20?
        I hope he didn't.

He will get done for carrying a fare-paying passenger without a licence if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I hope he didn't.

He will get done for carrying a fare-paying passenger without a licence if he did.
          Unless he's a taxi driver.

Comment

Bugger. Quick thinking though.

Comment

Nick Fitzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

Canned Laughter
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well I'm glad you weren't hurt.

A few years ago I was driving eastbound along Oxford St, and was waiting at lights near Bond St when somebody hopped into my car.
                "tshake me to Archway pshlease" he asked, obviously pshissed.
                Now being a student of the London Underground of old, I thought that was "Aldwych", which was not too far away. Oh well I'll give him a lift - he seems harmless enough.

I got as far as Covent Garden before admitting to myself that I didn't quite know the way to Aldwych (I didn't have a map, and GPS maps hadn't been invented) so I pulled over and 'fessed up that I couldn't get him there.
                And I was realizing that Aldwych was not Archway.

"Noth to worry maate thanks for tshrying" he said as his staggered out of the car. "Here's £20 for your efforths".

"Us cabs don't charge if we can't get you to your destination" I replied, handing back the note.

He seemed really pleased. I hope to have him tumble into my car again in future. Though this time I have a GPS on board so I'd know where I was going.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  Well I'm glad you weren't hurt.

A few years ago I was driving eastbound along Oxford St, and was waiting at lights near Bond St when somebody hopped into my car.
                  "tshake me to Archway pshlease" he asked, obviously pshissed.
                  Now being a student of the London Underground of old, I thought that was "Aldwych", which was not too far away. Oh well I'll give him a lift - he seems harmless enough.

I got as far as Covent Garden before admitting to myself that I didn't quite know the way to Aldwych (I didn't have a map, and GPS maps hadn't been invented) so I pulled over and 'fessed up that I couldn't get him there.
                  And I was realizing that Aldwych was not Archway.

"Noth to worry maate thanks for tshrying" he said as his staggered out of the car. "Here's £20 for your efforths".

"Us cabs don't charge if we can't get you to your destination" I replied, handing back the note.

He seemed really pleased. I hope to have him tumble into my car again in future. Though this time I have a GPS on board so I'd know where I was going.
                  You could use the cash to fund your next calamitous date.

Comment

A right riveting read...
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X