• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is our resident Maths Guru?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News - Bournemouth mathematics graffiti 'meaningless'

Mysterious graffiti daubed on a Bournemouth hoarding, appearing to show a complex equation, has been dismissed as meaningless by a mathematician.

The answer is 42
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Snigger.

We did this in an exam at Uni. Having to remember a number of key facts and dates for an exam three of us entered the exam room the previous day and set a number of complex formulas on the board. All were designed to jog our memories of key facts in the exam. We left it with a note in red 'Do not remove'

Next day examiner appeared. Looked at the board and tutted when he went to clear the board, leaving it in place.

We merrily went on with the exam while the examiner a Uni maths lecturer set about trying to solve said equations. At the end he asked the room 'who set this?', pointing at that board 'Its impossible to solve'

Snigger.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Snigger.

We did this in an exam at Uni. Having to remember a number of key facts and dates for an exam three of us entered the exam room the previous day and set a number of complex formulas on the board. All were designed to jog our memories of key facts in the exam. We left it with a note in red 'Do not remove'

Next day examiner appeared. Looked at the board and tutted when he went to clear the board, leaving it in place.

We merrily went on with the exam while the examiner a Uni maths lecturer set about trying to solve said equations. At the end he asked the room 'who set this?', pointing at that board 'Its impossible to solve'

Snigger.
        So you cheated for your 3rd then....

Comment

Who said he passed?
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

It's been written by E.T.

Comment

He's enjoying his Islington Architect type "holiday" in the rainy season of some disease infested swamp in South East Asia, whilst his long suffering missus google's quickie divorces.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                He's enjoying his Islington Architect type "holiday" in the rainy season of some disease infested swamp in South East Asia, whilst his long suffering missus google's quickie divorces.

Chortle! - The whole family will probably come back like Suity, swarming with weird tropical parasites.

The "maths" looks like a disconnected jumble of undergrad-type maths, or even A Level stuff, of the kind seen on blackboards in films about math nerds e.g. (possibly?) A Beautiful Mind.

P.S. Is that a cannabis leaf to the right of the picture?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I genuinely feel sorry for you.
                  Sad, lonely, poorly educated, obviously untravelled, mean-spirited.
                  Try living a little.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yeah DP, you should be off having a holiday so wonderful that you have time to check in to CUK too.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X