• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - only 7 days on the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed - only 7 days on the bench

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth but bench time has been a bit less than expected. Would have been nice to have a bit more paternity leave....

But, this has come up so there we go. Only until end August which is cool because I was planning hol in September.
    Negatives are bit of a trek (60 miles) but rate is £90/day more than my last gig so can't complain.

Client seems a bit of a PITA. Usual stuff, we want flexibility etc, its dead busy here blah blah blah. And they offered at 5-20pm and wanted me to be there 9am tomorrow. Contract reveiws to sort out methinks...

Not the first time I've had this. Client waits 2 weeks and fannies about then both agent/client think its as simple as turning up next day. Annoying....

Not much point turning up for my JSA interview tomorrow though.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

W00t!

Comment

"JSA interview" eh how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        "JSA interview" eh how does that work?
        "Hello, I'd like some dole money please."

"Are you looking for work?"

"Yes."

"Here you go. NEXT!"

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Client seems a bit of a PITA. Usual stuff, we want flexibility etc, its dead busy here blah blah blah. And they offered at 5-20pm and wanted me to be there 9am tomorrow. Contract reveiws to sort out methinks...
          Easy... "I'll be in tomorrow without having a contract reviewed and signed, as long as pay me in advance for the rest of this week before end of day today... oh, you can't do that without getting paperwork sorted, neither can I".
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Easy... "I'll be in tomorrow without having a contract reviewed and signed, as long as pay me in advance for the rest of this week before end of day today... oh, you can't do that without getting paperwork sorted, neither can I".
            Yes agency gave me the old 'nothing wrong with our contracts', '100s of contractors use our contracts', then when that didnt work 'client might not wait they'll have someone else lined up'.

Yeah right. Not unreasonable for me to ask for one working day to sort out contract when they make an offer at past 5pm expecting a 9am start. Although, as always I know clients think its magic I'm sure sometimes its agent want you in the door asap so they start earning.

Saying that, spoke to agent at 6pm, promised contract asap. 9-30pm now and still no actual contract. Obviouslty, cant send for review until he sends to me.

Comment

Negatives are bit of a trek (60 miles) but rate is £90/day more than my last gig so can't complain.
              But you will though..

Gratz anyway. Now you know real contractors don't bother with JSA
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would say at least this way it'll be another couple of days before you start bad-mouthing your client, but you already did
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I would say at least this way it'll be another couple of days before you start bad-mouthing your client, but you already did
                  Nah. We'll see how it goes ;-)

All clients think they can get a contractor to turn up on site like calling a taxi....

Comment

Nah. We'll see how it goes ;-)

All clients think they can get a contractor to turn up on site like calling a taxi....
                    Agree to my contract and I will. Expect me to sign yours and you'll have to wait.....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X