• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time reporting systems grrrr...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time reporting systems grrrr...

Clientco has a wonderful automated time reporting system; fill in your hours at the end of the week and the project manager then clicks 'OK' and a week later you get your dosh. Until nearly all the Project Managers go on holiday at the same time having forgotten to 'approve' everyone's hours, so now lots of contractors are waiting for money, including your intrepid reporter. Finance department furiously calling

WHY? Why automate every fart that emanates from the brown corporate cloud? Timesheets worked fine and at the end of the month no contractor ever forgot to get a signature and every managerman was reminded to approve (or disapprove) the hours.

The only Project Manager left on site is away this morning, and when he gets in this afternoon he'll have a long line of contractors at his desk!

Grrrr....
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Yep I know that feeling, I am alas at the whim of two PM's sO i have twice as many ducks to try and line up!

Cut off for payment on Friday is an approved time sheet by about noon today, one PM has approved, one hasn't
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Same issue here, approver is on holiday, and I have the last 2 weeks waiting to be approved online.

Yes, it pushes payment back a couple of weeks, but no big deal for me really, I know he'll do it when he gets back.

Don't sweat the little things, only worry when there is a real issue

**NLUK mode on**
      and if having to wait a couple of weeks for a signature causes you a real issue, then maybe you aren't cut out or properly prepared for contracting
      **NLUK mode off**

Edit: haha, didn't even notice it was Mitch, assumed it was some noob, or Suity.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        Same issue here, approver is on holiday, and I have the last 2 weeks waiting to be approved online.

Yes, it pushes payment back a couple of weeks, but no big deal for me really, I know he'll do it when he gets back.

Don't sweat the little things, only worry when there is a real issue

**NLUK mode on**
        and if having to wait a couple of weeks for a signature causes you a real issue, then maybe you aren't cut out or properly prepared for contracting
        **NLUK mode off**

Edit: haha, didn't even notice it was Mitch, assumed it was some noob, or Suity.
        Needing the cash as we just bought 2 cars; can sell some shares or break open the long term savings to get through but that can cost money.

Comment

Well if you bought something without already having the money in your account... any client can have a hiccup in payments!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Well if you bought something without already having the money in your account... any client can have a hiccup in payments!
            I know, I know, my own fault. I'm renoobed having spent a few months a permie; amazing how quickly the brain can decay in permiedoom.

Comment

When I was permie, we implemented Oracle Time and Labor (sic).

After two weeks, all the managers had set their preferences to automatically approve the timesheets, but not expenses - no-one cared what time people were billing to projects, and if it was wrong then the project would complain and it would get fixed.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Only a concern if you are worried about ability to pay shirley ? I HATED going round with a timesheet looking to get a signature, had some real bellends making a big compliment out of signing it like they were paying personally.
                Electronic and a delay is fine by me, it's piling up now so a few k here or there makes little difference !

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  Only a concern if you are worried about ability to pay shirley ? I HATED going round with a timesheet looking to get a signature, had some real bellends making a big compliment out of signing it like they were paying personally.
                  Electronic and a delay is fine by me, it's piling up now so a few k here or there makes little difference !
                  No, I'm OK for the moment and ClientCo and agent can definitely pay! They're practically burping money!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    some noob, or Suity.

Comment

Working...
                    X