• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Argahhhhhh! They're everywhere!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argahhhhhh! They're everywhere!!!!

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Immigration.... coming to any reasonably sized village with a dole office near you....
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 24 July 2006, 20:03.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Had to walk through huge swarms of the little buggers to get to my van today.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Don't worry, John Reid will have them deported within 50 years.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Bah! The worst kind - rumanian termites.

Thieving gypsy drug dealers.

They will deflower your daughter, too...

The sooner we have uniformed border police failing to stop them at great expense, the better
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Protein!!!!!
            http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

They'll all be dead tomorrow, its just an "ant" orgy.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Look on the bright side, we've got illegals down in Dorset...

Termites.

Sadly true, but the house prices prevent ghettos, and on the up side, at least we've got some good beaches!

Wob in 'shallow' mode.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  Don't worry, John Reid will have them deported within 50 years.
                  Or perhaps not...

More resources are being released to frontline immigration staff
                  The UK's immigration system has been denounced as a "horrible mess", as Home Secretary John Reid launches his latest initiative to shake-up the department.
                  He will say embarkation controls are to be brought back to help check whether or not people have left the UK.

There will also be more resources for staff to carry out surveillance work.

But Lady Mar, who has quit the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal, said the system was "one horrible mess" and feared Mr Reid's plan was "all talk".

The Countess of Mar, a crossbench peer, was a high profile member of the tribunal - a body which deals with claims from migrants who have been refused leave to remain in Britain - for 21 years.

She said she decided to step down as a matter of "conscience" when she realised that many of the claims were "tutored by agents".

I have a horrible feeling it is all talk and no do

"We used to get the same story over and over again," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"There were huge delays in the Home Office, there was procrastination by the lawyers representing the appellants - the whole thing is one horrible mess."

When the independent tribunal refused claims, failed appellants were "not being sent back", she said.

"I first noticed this in about 1997, and it's got worse since then, although we are told the situation is now improving.

"A whole industry has been built up with false papers, false passports, false stories and a whole lot of legal people who are bleeding the taxpayers really."
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yum Yum

HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                    X