• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Embarrassing situation on my lunch break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing situation on my lunch break

I realised I had forgotten my Kindle this morning, so in an attempt to quell the monotony of the train journey home I went out to find a book to read on the way home. Just down the road from ClientCo there is a WH Smiths so i went in there for a browse. Nothing really took my fancy, but there were a few travel guides that were clearly marked as damaged in the "bargain-bin". I picked up a few items and paid for them. On walking out the shop, I realised a fold out map was missing and went back in to the store to see if it had fallen out in the "bargain-bin".

I asked the lady who had served me if it had fallen out while she was scanning it, she informed me it hadn't. I was about to leave when a very obnoxious gentleman started spouting drivel about the "sale of goods act" and customer rights. I told him to mind his own business, but he continued with his rant. Several times I told him it was fine and I wasn't even looking for a refund, but he seemed to be on a mission to embarrass himself and everyone else in the store.

Once the lovely lady on the checkout clearly explained the stores policy on refunds on sale items, he then changed his approach, insisting he was a successful head-hunter as he waved his Matteson’s Fridge-Raiders and copy of caravans weekly in the air. He then changed his mind and was now a journalist and was demanding to speak to the manager (everyone in the shop was now looking at him unsure whether to laugh or feel sorry for him). A section manager came over and reiterated what he had already been told but to no avail, the guy was getting redder and redder and I was genuinely worried for him.

After another 5 minutes or so of nonsensical rambling and everyone feeling uncomfortable, the manager (who had previously been in a meeting) came out to see what the commotion was, i pulled him to one side, explained the situation and I asked him to pretend to refund me to stop the embarrassment, he hastily agreed. The do-gooder walked out the shop with a stride in his step and a real sense of self-importance.

and then

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Very good
          Last edited by northernladuk; 9 July 2013, 17:14.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope you paid him 45% of the value, plus 45% of whatever you earned that day, plus 45% of whatever you earned for the remainder of your contract, and agreed to pay him 45% of all your future earnings.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              Stuff
              Sounds like the sort of self important twat who loves the sound of his own voice too much and constantly insists in sticking his loud and obnoxious beak in where it's not wanted.

oh wait... this is parody thread
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Very good
                You edited your reply - I did wonder if you'd twigged it was a parody thread!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  You edited your reply - I did wonder if you'd twigged it was a parody thread!
                  I was certain he didn't twig........
                  Do you think he is cut out to post in General?

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                    I was certain he didn't twig........
                    Do you think he is cut out to post in General?
                    He was spot on though!

Comment

Working...
                    X