• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still on bench and might have to sleep on it as well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still on bench and might have to sleep on it as well

I've had a rough few days, was told on Friday I did not get gig after interview last tuesday.

On Monday was summonsed by lawyers as other half wanted me out of house.

Spent all day with lawyers, managed to secure agreement to be out by just before end of month but with limited access to the house on certain days and hours.

Cost me an arm and leg in lawyer fees.

Good job we are having a heatwave at least the bench is warm.

(yes I did know this was coming I was intending to move out when I was "boomed"!)
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

sorry to hear that good luck.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      I've had a rough few days, was told on Friday I did not get gig after interview last tuesday.

On Monday was summonsed by lawyers as other half wanted me out of house.

Comment

Bummer Good luck, hope something turns up soon.

Comment

Been there, it can only get better in the long run
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Remember that we are sitting on a rock revolving a sun. Grab a cold one. Shout something and then relax. Its tough, but it does not last long. Soon you will have a job and the trials of the relationship will have faded. Time is the only helper in this but be strong and you'll be fine. Oh, I'm having the same experience too
            Last edited by flambo; 9 July 2013, 18:56.

Comment

thanks for your kind words - it is surprising when you talk about these things to people how common this type of situation is - good to hear that other people have come through it.

The big benefit of this actually is that OH finally has to take responsibility for bills and living expenses - being on JSA means I don't have to give her a penny except pay for the mortgage.
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                The big benefit of this actually is that OH finally has to take responsibility for bills and living expenses - being on JSA means I don't have to give her a penny except pay for the mortgage.
                I bet that will come as a shock come the end of this month.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How come you have to pay the mortgage? I didn't when I moved out, just CSA full stop. If you don't have kids feck off a long way away for a while, if you do good luck because it can quickly turn into a circle of hell that even Dante couldn't describe.

It does get better, keep in there.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

A rough time indeed. Hope it all works out.

Thats deffo not cool at all...
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X