• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friendly Agent on BobAgents..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly Agent on BobAgents..

Spoke to an agent today about a role turns out we've spoken before about roles for Lloyds which I never go near.

So I asked him about the multitude of similar roles coming up lately, same role, same place, what's the score and he started to tell me about the £10/day ads from Damco, Avance etc...

He reckons it's them, bidding for work like I thought before, hoping to cream off a huge margin from clientco.

1. Clientco knows a decent person is £450/500 a day and that's the budget

2. BobAgent says ok, we'll bid, and tries to offshore it with £80/day Bobs, clientco has none of it so BobAgent again tries it on with local candidates at £180/day for which they still can't get anyone other than numpties or chancers.

3. There's no ICT conspiracy, that's too forward thinking.

4. They try the same trick at every opportunity, hence the plethora of similar ads at similar rates

5. There probably isn't a role there anyway, it's some HR bod justifying their existence by testing the market for some other bod who said ok just to get rid of the HR bod.

Actually he was the first proper agent I spoke to who was aware of the BobAgents, all the others I've asked were oblivious...

Working...
X