• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's 7pm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 7pm

And the outside temperature is still slightly above 28°C. Not complaining

It's not often Scotland is warmer than other parts of the country but two days in a row is good going and set to last.

How are you lot darn saff coping with the heatwave?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'm sat here in my shorts with the blackout blinds down and the window open. I will go out into the garden just as soon as I have this parser working.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hate it

High pressure makes me feel lousy, as does heat. Roll on autumn and continuous light drizzle!

Comment

Lovely. Have managed to keep the house OK by judicious opening/closing of windows/curtains. Just enjoying a summery Pimms (£12 / litre at Tesco!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Lovely. Have managed to keep the house OK by judicious opening/closing of windows/curtains. Just enjoying a summery Pimms (£12 / litre at Tesco!)
          Doing pretty much the same including the Pimms. In a couple of hours the midges will be out so making the best of the evening.

Unfortunately ClientCo's office has no aircon so the next few days will be torture.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm in the Copper Bar, South Beacon, Dublin, having a Chimay Red, next I will grab some food, walk home and either take a walk up the Wicklow Mountains (i.e. small hill) to the Blue Light pub, a traditional rural Irish boozer, but it's an hour walk an I've no hat. Tmrw night might be better, traditional music night - i.e. old blokes with beards lamenting. Apparently Adam Clayton of U2 frequents said pub but I've never seen him there, no doubt he'd be playing his one-finger bass lines and sliding his one-finger from from the third fret right down to the tenth and back. I'd blow him away with my Hooky-inspired Shergold Marathon Six-String Bass and Electro-Harmonix Clone Theory pedal if I hadn't have sold them both in 1992 to pay for my now stolen Ricky Electric 12 - 360/12WB. Paid £299 quid for it in Reigate. Or was it Redhill?

Or, I'll have early night - 4:00am Monday morn start is still affecting me.

Nice in here though, nice range of proper ales at still expensive but not mega for Ireland expensive.

As soon as they put the Jazz on though I'm off...

Comment

Balls to Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                I'm in the Copper Bar, South Beacon, Dublin, having a Chimay Red, next I will grab some food, walk home and either take a walk up the Wicklow Mountains (i.e. small hill) to the Blue Light pub, a traditional rural Irish boozer, but it's an hour walk an I've no hat. Tmrw night might be better, traditional music night - i.e. old blokes with beards lamenting. Apparently Adam Clayton of U2 frequents said pub but I've never seen him there, no doubt he'd be playing his one-finger bass lines and sliding his one-finger from from the third fret right down to the tenth and back. I'd blow him away with my Hooky-inspired Shergold Marathon Six-String Bass and Electro-Harmonix Clone Theory pedal if I hadn't have sold them both in 1992 to pay for my now stolen Ricky Electric 12 - 360/12WB. Paid £299 quid for it in Reigate. Or was it Redhill?

Or, I'll have early night - 4:00am Monday morn start is still affecting me.

Nice in here though, nice range of proper ales at still expensive but not mega for Ireland expensive.

As soon as they put the Jazz on though I'm off...
                When I was working in Dublin my flat was around the corner from Hughes' bar beside the four courts. Trad music every night with the occasional celeb hanging around with a bodhran. Rattled out many a tune on the oul banjo and in retrospect should've bought shares in Guinness for the duration.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by flambo View Post
                  Balls to Jazz
                  Philistine!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    By eating ice cream!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X