• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's Gentleman's Clubs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London's Gentleman's Clubs

Has anyone looked at the possibility of applying to join one of the London Gentleman's Clubs as an alternative to hotels/private rentals when staying in London? Obviously it won't be able to go through the books but some of the accommodation would be better value then budget hotels or private rents in the suburbs
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Last time I was in a London Gentleman's club I got thrown out at about 2am for falling asleep in there and closing time wasn't long after. I can't see how that can work. Didn't think Spearmint Rhino did membership either
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Last time I was in a London Gentleman's club I got thrown out at about 2am for falling asleep in there and closing time wasn't long after. I can't see how that can work. Didn't think Spearmint Rhino did membership either
      And what with your night-time double incontinence, the bastards fired you as well.

Comment

I looked at associate membership of the Royal Society of Medicine for this purpose (they have very loose criteria for membership). They have a private hotel. I don't stay don often enough to justify. You may find similar organisations. I'm sure you'd qualify as a Member of the Royal Society of Members.

Comment

Hospitals, police cells and hostels...sorted. Although you could join the YMCA....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Hospitals, police cells and hostels...sorted. Although you could join the YMCA....
            They have everything that you need to enjoy,
            You can hang out with all the boys ...
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              The Athenaeum Club, Pall Mall, London

If you have to ask, you probably won't become a member.
              Was thinking the The Royal Automobile Club, about £1250 a year

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have been thinking about shoreditch or Soho house.

For the RAC, you have to be introduced by 2 members

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  For the RAC, you have to be introduced by 2 members
                  Fools - they should have asked instead to introduce 2 members before becoming one!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Fools - they should have asked instead to introduce 2 members before becoming one!

Comment

Working...
                    X