• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battle of the Boyne celebrations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle of the Boyne celebrations...

There is probably going to be a load of trouble after it but does anyone else think it isn't going to go well even before that?

Further down the article is one falling over before it has been lit so gawd help the houses around the one in the picture...

Catholic King James defeat celebrated with huge Tyre mountains in Belfast | Mail Online

Have to say I would have liked to be there when that thing goes up, closely followed by the rest of the estate.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I have to get home from Belfast City Airport tonight. No doubt there will be loads of drunken celebrants making my journey a fecking nightmare...
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

If you look further down, that pic is the one that fell. Most of them do look like they're in fields.

Comment

The fumes produced must be almost as toxic as the mindsets that dreamt the idea up.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Up the Proddies!
          Down with popery!

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            Up with cretinism!
            Down with brains!
            FTFY
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              If you look further down, that pic is the one that fell. Most of them do look like they're in fields.
              No it's not. The one that fell has tyres in it and is in the middle of the estate. The one in the pic I posted has no tyres in it. Both of them looking they are just in common land there tends to be in the middle of the estates to me.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Gotta say "celebrating" by burning toxic stuff where you live and standing around inhaling the fumes smacks of candidacy for the Darwin Awards.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No it's not. The one that fell has tyres in it and is in the middle of the estate. The one in the pic I posted has no tyres in it. Both of them looking they are just in common land there tends to be in the middle of the estates to me.
                  Are those pallettes?

I hope they've beefed up that thing with scaffolding inside, or if lit from the bottom it will keel over and cause mayhem.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I passed by an Orange walk on saturday whilst out running through a more downtrodden part of the town. It honestly looked like they had rounded up the residents of care homes and hospitals for a gala day out.

Comment

Working...
                    X