• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Apprentice - WTF???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apprentice - WTF???

Am I missing something or did Jordan actually try to pitch a business plan which was a business which already existed, was not started by him (despite him claiming it was), he had no actual legal right to sell and overall was only offering 15% of in the first place?

If so - why did no one pick up on that at the filtering stage?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

You're not wrong. He was offering 15.39% of a business that he owns nothing in, and has no rights to offer anything.

Seems daft to me, but it makes "good" TV. Would have been better if he'd thrown up on the table like he looked like he would last week.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Has any Apprentice, winner or not, ever been successful?
      Last year's winner's business is this.
      Does it only have 109 jobs on it?
      And this is the great idea he pitched to that mediocrity Lord Sugar?
      Another fooking rec cons in a crowded market?

You gotta laff at these morons.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Has any Apprentice, winner or not, ever been successful?
        Tom and Susan from the previous year seem to be doing OK, both working with Sugar.

The American counterparts, on the other hand, all seem to be minted now.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Tom and Susan from the previous year seem to be doing OK,.
          doing Ok? what does that mean?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            The American counterparts, on the other hand, all seem to be minted now.
            Did Trump pay them to piss off?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              doing Ok? what does that mean?
              they don't get pocket money from their spouse and spend all day posting on CUK?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Did Trump pay them to piss off?
                No, most stick around for a few years, and then set up something on their own. There are a few books that have been written by them as well.

But the American series (not the celeb ones) are on a whole different level than the UK.

US weekly prize - $50k to go diamond shopping with, accompanied by the current Mrs Trump; UK prize that week - go to a cocktail bar in London.

US overall prize - PM on a multi-million dollar construction project; UK prize - working in Essex for Viglen.

The Donald does it bigger and better than Sralun ever could - like the week that he fired the entire project team because they were so bad.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Several Dragons Den investments have done well, so it stands to reason some Apprentice winners will too, now they win investment rather than a permie job.

Although the entire title of the show doesn't really make sense now they don't get a job, and the concept of hiring and firing when you are looking for a partner doesn't work.

Does the US version still give people actual jobs?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This version where they invest in a business does not seem to produce very good business ideas. I am not saying I could do better myself but I think the two finalists from last night were the first ones that I have heard of that I did not think were stupid.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X