• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Metronazidole

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metronazidole

Question to the panel. The manufacturer states no booze while on them, and not for 48hrs after taking the last pill.

Seeing as they were doing my guts in and making me feel crap I decided to call it a day with them yesterday, at lunchtime. That was my last tablet.

Anyone been on these? Did you drink alcohol before the 48hr deadline?

Is say 32 hrs enough?

<suity in gagging for a pint mode >

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Does it not say "finish the course"?

Comment

Just follow the bloody instructions.

And stop eating your faeces.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Does it not say "finish the course"?
        Yep, it does but I'm old school and say if it makes you hurt in your stomach really badly, turns your piss dark orange and makes you feel like utter tulipe then it's not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Question to the panel. The manufacturer states no booze while on them, and not for 48hrs after taking the last pill.

Seeing as they were doing my guts in and making me feel crap I decided to call it a day with them yesterday, at lunchtime. That was my last tablet.

Anyone been on these? Did you drink alcohol before the 48hr deadline?

Is say 32 hrs enough?

<suity in gagging for a pint mode >

I'm not a Doctor ...but booze just negates the effectiveness of antibiotics
          HTH
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I'm not a Doctor ...but booze just negates the effectiveness of antibiotics
            HTH
            Bit of luck you're not. Booze has no effect on the efficacy of antibiotics. Some antibiotics clash with booze, this being one of them.

Comment

Yep, it does but I'm old school and say if it makes you hurt in your stomach really badly, turns your piss dark orange and makes you feel like utter tulipe then it's not for me.
              So you don't want to kill the little critters what have made you feel tulipe for months? Finish the course FFS. And lay off the booze.

Comment

If alcohol withdrawal is having that effect on you, then you may have serious health problems.

Comment

Metronidazole (I think )

I was prescribed it once for an infected wisdom tooth along with Amoxicillin (which I turned out to be allergic to). Anyway, I can't remember how long I was on it, a week or two maybe, up until I got the wisdom tooth out. I went out and got smashed that night for my flatmate's birthday. It was a good night too. No ill effects other than a normal hangover and a bit of ribbing for pulling one of my flatmate's friends

In other words, get on it Suity.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    So you don't want to kill the little critters what have made you feel tulipe for months? Finish the course FFS. And lay off the booze.
                    I most certainly do, but the pills had I carried on taking them would have caused me to miss a billable day.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    If alcohol withdrawal is having that effect on you, then you may have serious health problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X