• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modafinil anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modafinil anyone?

Has anyone here tried Modafinil on a sensible basis? By which I don't mean using it to stay awake for 60 hours plus then complaining it made you feel tulip.

After resisting it for a long time I took one the other day (prescribed for someone else) and it was absolutely great, felt alert, relaxed, decision making was great, not high or jittery, then it wore off and I had a relaxed evening followed by a good night's sleep.

It's against my normal prinicples to take any drugs except what is essential and prescribed for me, but I must say I am very tempted to order some online and take them occasionally if it improves my life this much. I guess there must be a few IT contractors out there who have tried it given the pressures to work long hours you chaps are under sometimes ....

Slippery slope in my opinion.

Each to their own though...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
      Has anyone here tried Modafinil on a sensible basis? By which I don't mean using it to stay awake for 60 hours plus then complaining it made you feel tulip.

After resisting it for a long time I took one the other day (prescribed for someone else) and it was absolutely great, felt alert, relaxed, decision making was great, not high or jittery, then it wore off and I had a relaxed evening followed by a good night's sleep.

It's against my normal prinicples to take any drugs except what is essential and prescribed for me, but I must say I am very tempted to order some online and take them occasionally if it improves my life this much. I guess there must be a few IT contractors out there who have tried it given the pressures to work long hours you chaps are under sometimes ....
      I think you got this forum and permieuk.com mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I think you got this forum and permieuk.com mixed up.
        Why? There's a thread on here right now with someone complaining about 12 hour days.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Slippery slope in my opinion.

Each to their own though...
          Yep my thoughts exactly, it was just too good.

Comment

Why? There's a thread on here right now with someone complaining about 12 hour days.
            Isn't that MF though? He is a permie.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh, in there, I don't go in there.

Comment

Too good is probably reserved for other things, bags of white powder.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Too good is probably reserved for other things, bags of white powder.
                  I'm easily pleased. Plus there is no prison sentence for possession.

Comment

Sounds rather like a lot of drugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X