• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Illegal drugs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal drugs

Poll to follow...

If yes please do enlighten as I'm curious as to what and why.
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    46.67%
    I only deal with AndyW
    3.33%
    Me, me, me...

Used to snort a bit of coke, but the bubbles kept tickling my nose
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I answered no.
      The reason why is simple, most people of my era got into drugs by smoking dope, then gradually progressing to the hard stuff.
      I was one of the few who did not smoke, so I never got involved in any of it.

Then when I got older I was able to assess the cost/benefit/damage/risk/legality of the stuff and decided to keep clear.

Having said that, I am a beer monster. I would be a stupid hypocrite not to admit that I do drugs, albeit in a legal fizzy liquid form

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Having been involved with the music business for decades and a large chunk of that professionally I was a bit naive and shocked by what I saw when I was gigging. The record companies used to supply the drugs and the number of well known names who indulged I found quite staggering.

I myself preferred booze and cigs and was never tempted by the freebies on offer (other than the groupies). Too scared to even take painkillers never mind hoover something up my nose and was respected for my stance.

I've perhaps done more damage to my body with legal drugs but my choice and never felt pressured to follow the 'in' crowd.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Not since I turned 20 or thereabouts.

Comment

Everything and feckin' loads of it.

I actually look back with possibly some regret now.

Comment

You name it, I've probably taken it when I was younger. Haven't had anything illegal pass my lips for nearly 25 years now as I can't be arsed but even when I was younger and taking tulip I only did it when I wanted and never felt any peer pressure nor any addictive feelings, in fact the stuff used to wear off quite quickly (very fast metabolism so used to burn it off quickly.) I just enjoyed it and looking back now sometimes find that it was better and, possibly, safer than alcohol. I wouldn't advise it though as I have seen how it affects some people, particularly weak people, and am keeping a close eye out on my son as he's at that age now
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Alcohol, a legal drug, probably causes most damage to society.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Alcohol, a legal drug, probably causes most damage to society.
                  hic
                  fck off. never did me any

sorry, what was I saying ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    hic
                    fck off. never did me any

sorry, what was I saying ?
                    It was probably some trite middle class platitude..... Oh no sorry that was SAS

Comment

Working...
                    X