• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft allows NSA / FBI to access SkyDrive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft allows NSA / FBI to access SkyDrive

BBC News - Edward Snowden case: US rebukes China

Microsoft allowed the NSA to circumvent its system of email encryption.

It also said information had been made available through access to cloud storage service SkyDrive and chat service Skype.

Someone somewhere is going now tell me, "Well I'm surprised you did not already know" or "If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear"

Clad I stayed away from cloud computing.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

GCHQ must be breathing a sigh of relief. There are some limits to what the NSA can do regarding USA residents. GCHQ has no such limits. So all the media focus on NSA means GCHQ can go about its "business" unperturbed - and Bill Hague can keep on lying to us.

BTW: You telling me you don't e-mail anything?
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

BTW: You telling me you don't e-mail anything?
      Messages, yes, deliverables, no.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I really don't care. If I had anything sensitive I would keep it locked on physical media or more likely, just store it online but encrypted. But I don't.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          BBC News - Edward Snowden case: US rebukes China

Someone somewhere is going now tell me, "Well I'm surprised you did not already know" or "If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear"

Clad I stayed away from cloud computing.
          I am surprised you didn't already suspect this.

Will that do?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I am surprised you didn't already suspect this.

Will that do?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              All my secret stuff is stored on punched cards* & punched tape.

Anyone got readers handy?

* I was careful & turned off the print along the top edge of the card.

Got you beat, all my secret stuff is in a little black book that rarely leaves my sight.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Messages, yes, deliverables, no.
                What's the point of only sending undeliverable messages?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  What's the point of only sending undeliverable messages?
                  "sending undeliverable messages"

Do you want to try that again?

Comment

Not just that but Outlook.com has been backdoored for years so all your email and IM's through that have been slurped as well.

And Skype audio, video and messaging.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X