• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kremlin security agency to buy typewriters 'to avoid leaks'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kremlin security agency to buy typewriters 'to avoid leaks'

When NSA secrets are not so secret any more the Russians buy typewriters.

BBC News - Kremlin security agency to buy typewriters 'to avoid leaks'

ussia's agency responsible for the Kremlin security is buying typewriters - a move reportedly prompted by recent leaks by WikiLeaks and Edward Snowden.

A 486,540-rouble (£9,860) order for electric typewriters has been placed by the FSO agency on the state procurement website.

The FSO has not commented on why it needs the old-fashioned devices.

But an agency source told Russia's Izvestiya newspaper the aim was to prevent leaks from computer hardware.

Trust no one agent Mulder.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by zeitghost
    The truth is out there.

I suppose they know that photocopiers emit hash as well?

Today, the snow in leningrad is 6" deep. May I come in?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A bloke meets Barack Obama at the White House, and says to him: "My dad says you're spying on all of use, and stealing all our information".

Obama replies: "He's not your Dad"

Comment

Security can be dramatically increased if Internet access could be removed and TCP/IP was replaced by IPX.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X