• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco

Never done the Costco thing - never even been to one.

However, there's a new one opening locally tomorrow, and I've got 25 people coming for a bbq on Sunday with no plan yet on what to feed them.

So it looks like I can sign myCo up for it for £20 + VAT. It seems like it has to be the company that joins - not an individual thing, although, whilst its possible I might buy some stuff for myCo there (I don't know what they sell yet!) membership is more likely to be a personal benefit.

S do I just pay for it myself, or is it fine to stick it as a company expense? I suspect the former, but just wondered what others do?

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Never done the Costco thing - never even been to one.

However, there's a new one opening locally tomorrow, and I've got 25 people coming for a bbq on Sunday with no plan yet on what to feed them.

So it looks like I can sign myCo up for it for £20 + VAT. It seems like it has to be the company that joins - not an individual thing, although, whilst its possible I might buy some stuff for myCo there (I don't know what they sell yet!) membership is more likely to be a personal benefit.

S do I just pay for it myself, or is it fine to stick it as a company expense? I suspect the former, but just wondered what others do?
    (Checks this is in General)

FFS you are a contractor, even for a BBQ it has to be Fortnum and Masons or nothing, I would expect this from SuitsAldi or LidlFan now he is a permie but come on now!

Are you sure you are cut out to host an intimate gathering for friends and family?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh I know! I know! It's just down the road. Normally have to go to Reading.

Just take your company details down and go and sign up. Costco is fantastic. Take the big car and a debit card.

Get the big tray of burgers. The lamb kebabs. The dips. The cheap guest beers and wine. The lasagne. The giant pizzas for a £1 a slice. Drool.

Where's my invite???
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Are you sure you are cut out to host an intimate gathering for friends and family?
        Definitely not - hence the panic and need for a catering size tub of coleslaw!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oh I know! I know! It's just down the road. Normally have to go to Reading.

Just take your company details down and go and sign up. Costco is fantastic. Take the big car and a debit card.

Get the big tray of burgers. The lamb kebabs. The dips. The cheap guest beers and wine. The lasagne. The giant pizzas for a £1 a slice. Drool.

Where's my invite???
          Sign up at myCo's expense or my personal expense? Obviously I pay for the burgers myself.

I'll save you the leftovers.

Comment

Definitely not - hence the panic and need for a catering size tub of coleslaw!
            Why do I get a vision of you running round like a blue arsed fly and MrMS has a beer in one hand, tongs in the other, stood in front of the BBQ with an apron on playing the host

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sign up at myCo's expense or my personal expense? Obviously I pay for the burgers myself.
              Personal, just bin any of the paper work so it never gets to the company records.

I've heard he is used to accepting sloppy seconds so nothing new there

Comment

Company expense.

Since they won't let you look round until you have a membership card, you need to pay for one before you can decide whether it's of benefit to your company or not.

Expect to spend lots on cakes and chocolate, if our house is anything to go by.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Company obviously.

And charge the mileage there. You can buy stationary, computer equipment etc a lot of which is all expensible.

Them burgers are for a term meeting. ;-)
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Company obviously.

And charge the mileage there. You can buy stationary, computer equipment etc a lot of which is all expensible.

Them burgers are for a term meeting. ;-)
                    You've been in America too long Fatty Arbuckle

Comment

Working...
                    X