• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newsreaders: Check That Autocue!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsreaders: Check That Autocue!

Unfortunate incident at Californian TV station KTVU, as the newsreader reads out what are supposed to be the names of the pilots of Asiana Flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco airport last week:

Learn chinese in 5 minutes:

He's cleaning his automobile.
    Wa Shing Ka.

This is a tow away zone.
    No Pah King.

Is there a fugitive here?
    Hu Yu Hai Ding?

Small Horse
    Tai Ni Po Ni.

Your price is too high!!!
    No Bai Nut Ding!!!!

Did you go to the beach?
    Wai Yu So Tan?

I bumped into a coffee table.
    Ai Bang Mai Ni.

It's very dark in here.
    Wai So Dim?

Has your flight been delayed?
    Hao Long Wei Ting?

I thought you were on a diet.
    Wai Yu Mun Ching?

They have arrived.
    Hia Dei Kum.

Your body odor is offensive.
    Yu Stin Ki Pu.

I got this for free.
    Ai No Pei.

You know lyrics to the Macarena?
    Wai Yu Sing Dum Song?

Stay out of sight.
    Lei Lo.

Phew! Does this bathroom stink!
    Hu Flung Dung?

Comment

Brilliant.
      I wonder who the official is that is going to get his ass kicked?

Comment

Astonishingly, it turns out somebody at the NTSB had actually confirmed those names:
        "The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

"Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft."

- Press Release July 12, 2013

Comment

an old joke. and a little cruel, but when the chinese cocklepickers drowned in Morcambe bay, they were asked why they didn't run when the water came up
          'You tell us to leave when water reaches Knee High, but Nee Hi was back in van doing clossword'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And she was supposed to know they were spoof names how?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              an old joke. and a little cruel, but when the chinese cocklepickers drowned in Morcambe bay, they were asked why they didn't run when the water came up
              'You tell us to leave when water reaches Knee High, but Nee Hi was back in van doing clossword'

As it was near Heysham Nuclear Power Station, I understand they had to shut it down because they found a chink in one of the valves.

Took me ages to type that cos i'm arseholed..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                As it was near Heysham Nuclear Power Station, I understand they had to shut it down because they found a chink in one of the valves.

Took me ages to type that cos i'm arseholed..
                Ah Sol hed, Is that Hym So Dhunk's cousin?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X