• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6am start is early! :-)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6am start is early! :-)

1 hour drive to get here. Being a bit of a lazy git thats well early for me

Hey ho. Finish at 3pm though and theres no traffic that time of the morning. And theres no expectation of staying beyond 3pm.

Next week is 2-10 (8 friday) which also sounds ok to me.

And its only for 7 weeks....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Early? Call this early?

It's only 10.30???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

LOL. Didnt realise it was still dark at 4-30am!

To be fair, its probably a LOT worse in the winter when its deffo dark and pissing it down. Luckily, only here for 7 weeks so tidy.

Comment

Due to the joys of the current roadworks on the M25 I need to be on the road by 05:30 and through the M26/M25 Clacket Lane services by 06:00 to avoid the inevitable congestion when travelling later,flip side of this is that if everything goes OK I usually arrive at the offices before 07:00 which is really too early
        Got so hacked off with being caught up in tailbacks due to accidents I decided to go cross country and avoid the M25 altogether - what a revelation - it's actually 5 miles shorter distance, takes a half hour longer but takes me through some stunning countryside. Bonus is I can now actually leave at 06:30 and arrive stress free at 08:30
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Saw yesterday that the road the wife uses to get to work is going to be closed for up to 5 MONTHS.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Due to the joys of the current roadworks on the M25 I need to be on the road by 05:30 and through the M26/M25 Clacket Lane services by 06:00 to avoid the inevitable congestion when travelling later,flip side of this is that if everything goes OK I usually arrive at the offices before 07:00 which is really too early
              Got so hacked off with being caught up in tailbacks due to accidents I decided to go cross country and avoid the M25 altogether - what a revelation - it's actually 5 miles shorter distance, takes a half hour longer but takes me through some stunning countryside. Bonus is I can now actually leave at 06:30 and arrive stress free at 08:30
              Still 2 hour drive! :-)

Guess I should be happy that I have no traffic to contend with.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Saw yesterday that the road the wife uses to get to work is going to be closed for up to 5 MONTHS.

Could be worse. What for the team valley improvements next year.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Its great to use a motorway with no-one else on it but a word of warning. If there is an accident at that time of the morning it will be a truly horrible mess. I have seen the results of a few, driving down to London over the years. Keep your wits about you and resist the urge to speed like a nutcase. I can still remember a scene between a white van a Peugeot and a BMW a few years ago on the M4. The crash scene was at least a hundred meters long and the only reason I knew that a Peugeot was involved was I could just about make out the badge on a crumpled flattened pile of tin.

Comment

I had 11 months of 4am starts and then driving to Ipswich from Yorkshire, most people learnt to stay clear of me till about noon once I was in the office!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X