• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestion to board admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to board admins

Ban all nicknames that access the site from the same IP address: maybe a maximum of 2 per IP can be allowed as in theory it is possible, though unlikely more than one unique person on a given site would access the board.

Those who use AOL (who employ proxies) will get exactly what they deserve.

Originally posted by AtW
    Ban all nicknames that access the site from the same IP address: maybe a maximum of 2 per IP can be allowed as in theory it is possible, though unlikely more than one unique person on a given site would access the board.

Those who use AOL (who employ proxies) will get exactly what they deserve.
    The IP address maybe from the Router and several people could be using the same IP address.
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
      The IP address maybe from the Router and several people could be using the same IP address.
      This is not a very popular site like BBC where this would be expected to be the case, this is a very marginal board that attracts handful of people from very different places, there is very low probability that more than two people would post from the same site. In any case two or more posts from different nicknames within short period of time should earn auto-ban.

Comment

The site I work at has over 500 contractors. of which at least 10% must at some time post on this bored.

All appear from the same IP.

NHS is anotherone. They all use the same BT transparent cache.

Thats probaly half this bored at the moment

Comment

Board. Then again, perhaps bored is right.

Comment

Most definately write.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy
              All appear from the same IP.
              Auto-ban then.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Auto-ban then.
                Do we also need two pictures of Lenin and Stalin in the upper corners?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

AtW

Lets ban all people with no knowledge of Networking or IP

Comment

Son, I've spend good part of my life analysing web log files and visitor's behavior on website for commercial targeting purposes that were highly successful. In my view niche position of this board allows to make a no brainer decision that any two or more posts made close to each other time-wise from different nicks but same IPs were actually made by the same person and thus warrant auto-ban.

Comment

Working...
                    X