• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How To Deal With Idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Deal With Idiots

Have been working gig for 3 months now and one idiot talks absolute tulip about what we have to do i.e makes pish up ect and is actually a hindrance to the work.
    Like to take over my work as if he is in control of it??

WTF do I do - find a new gig?

Originally posted by Brookster View Post
    Have been working gig for 3 months now and one idiot talks absolute tulip about what we have to do i.e makes pish up ect and is actually a hindrance to the work.
    Like to take over my work as if he is in control of it??

WTF do I do - find a new gig?
    Is he your senior? Do you report to him? If not tell him that you like to do stuff your own way. And yes, start taking over his work slowly. Obviously, by being nice and giving him a helping hand, and then talking about his lack of knowledge is scrum meetings, and how overloaded you are due his inability to finish his work.. oh wait, did I just talk all that tulip?
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
      Is he your senior? Do you report to him? If not tell him that you like to do stuff your own way. And yes, start taking over his work slowly. Obviously, by being nice and giving him a helping hand, and then talking about his lack of knowledge is scrum meetings, and how overloaded you are due his inability to finish his work.. oh wait, did I just talk all that tulip?
      I'm too nice for that kind of stuff lol, it just affects me. Don't do confrontation well. If they can't see he is a buffoon and a moron it's time to move on.
      Shame cash is really good

Comment

Does it effect your day to day work?

- Yes, tell on them, no other option as it might start to make you lok bad
        - No, shut up and keep invoicing, if you feel its going to cause problems in the long run mention it in passing to those with the power
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Does it effect your day to day work?

- Yes, tell on them, no other option as it might start to make you lok bad
          - No, shut up and keep invoicing, if you feel its going to cause problems in the long run mention it in passing to those with the power
          I really hope the are cleaver enough to see through the pish, yes it is effecting me carrying out work. Its as if everything has to go through him and he understands absolutely nothing about what we do. If management can't see it what fcking chance have I got.
          Like banging your head off a brick wall

If I shut up and keep inviocing then things wil go sour. For client and us.

I often act far to hasty but I am very within reason to not want to work with ape, ape is making us look like cowboys.

Comment

Working with sasguru is hard work, but once you realise it's care in the community, you'll feel better about it in the long run.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Working with sasguru is hard work, but once you realise it's care in the community, you'll feel better about it in the long run.

HTH BIDI
              I'm sure this is a very insightful comment, if only I could understand the meaning

Comment

Use Socratic irony.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Normal channels and methods of discussion are hit by a shouting method by ape.
                  I could just play along until he makes an absolute chunt of something but then I could also be a casualty :P
                  Last edited by Brookster; 15 July 2013, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookster View Post
                    I'm too nice for that kind of stuff lol, it just affects me. Don't do confrontation well. If they can't see he is a buffoon and a moron it's time to move on.
                    Shame cash is really good
                    Good grief - really? I'd view this as a development opportunity for you.

Take a look at these Transactional analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Transactional Analysis , How Transactional Analysis can help you communicate better, Part One and look up 'Games'

Also take a look at MOODJUICE - Being Assertive - Self-help Guide for assertiveness

and finally take a look at Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) How you think and how CBT can help

If none of those work for you just have as look at a little book called 'The Prince' - that will definiately give you a few bits further thought...

http://www.constitution.org/mac/prince.pdf
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X