• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irrigation systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irrigation systems

I've been looking at the Hozelock micro irrigation systems for my vegetable patch and grow bags. Are there any others I should check out?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

tesco had the pods on clearance for £25 the other day, not sure if that's cheap in real terms.

did get a £10 wheelbarrow though.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

that's called a Shadoof, the first machine ever invented by man.

I learned that when I was nine. Innit funny how some things stick in your mind ?
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

that's called a Shadoof, the first machine ever invented by man.

I learned that when I was nine. Innit funny how some things stick in your mind ?
            Shaduf

At least, according to the URL it's linked to

I've got one of those hoselock thingies - very good, but i'd imagine there are some generic systems out there. Actually i'm not sure about the timers, but the bits of pipe and connectors have probably been ripped off by now. Very handy when working away in super-hot weather.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Shaduf

At least, according to the URL it's linked to

I've got one of those hoselock thingies - very good, but i'd imagine there are some generic systems out there. Actually i'm not sure about the timers, but the bits of pipe and connectors have probably been ripped off by now. Very handy when working away in super-hot weather.
              So is a dildo, so I hear
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I have a timer system, which goes off for an hour a day early evening, through a collection of hoses, to sprinklers.

Seems to work a treat.

That's a hozelock set up.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  So is a dildo, so I hear
                  Depends what kind of a soaking you're after i suppose

Comment

Just a warning - if your garden is visited by foxes even if they behave otherwise they will chew the rubber pipes so by year 2 it will be shredded.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X