• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'll all pull together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll all pull together

Four rowers decided to row the Northwest passage to show the devastating effect of CAGW on the ice. The BBC etc had said that the arctic could be ice free in the summer by 2013.
    They didn't get far before they were stopped by the ice

The reason for all the ice ? CAGW has made it a lot colder and has caused a large ice anomaly

So if they get through the NWP, it proves CAGW, and if they cant even get started it proves CAGW

There is some serious doublethink going on in these alarmists heads.

ten out of ten for effort and ten out of ten for a good adventure though

the route is not ready for you
    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 16 July 2013, 09:47.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Four rowers decided to row the Northwest passage to show the devastating effect of CAGW on the ice. The BBC etc had said that the arctic could be ice free in the summer by 2013.
    They didn't get far before they were stopped by the ice

The reason for all the ice ? CAGW has made it a lot colder and has caused a large ice anomaly

So if they get through the NWP, it proves CAGW, and if they cant even get started it proves CAGW

There is some serious doublethink going on in these alarmists heads.

ten out of ten for effort and ten out of ten for a good adventure though

the route is not ready for you
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen...vernment_Waste

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

heh heh

Catastrophic anthropomorphic global warming. aka alarmism

it's what is putting £100 on everyones energy bill right now, which is why it is no joke. It's distorting energy policy in a grotesque way. plus getting blisters on some rowers hands

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

BTW to EO, the OP, CAGW stands for: Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

BTW to EO, the OP, CAGW stands for: Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming

correct
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by kentphilip View Post

Btw to eo, the op, cagw stands for: Catastrophic anthropogenic global warming
            ok, tft, ttfn
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

heh heh

it's what is putting £100 on everyones energy bill right now, which is why it is no joke. It's distorting energy policy in a grotesque way. plus getting blisters on some rowers hands
              FYI they had Exec from eon on t'radio this morning explaining why the governments estimates of the rate of increase in household energy bills may actually be understated

Can only get worse
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I was bored at work once so went to the Met Office website and pulled in all the raw data they have for the last 100 or so years weather, by month, for each region of the UK. Average temperatures, rainfall, sunshine hours, days with >1mm.

Loaded it all in to a SQL Database and knocked up some SSRS reports, expecting there to be a marked rise in temparatures, and huge increase in rainfall what with all this "Extreme Weather" the news and politicians would have you believe. I even added 12/60 month SMA's, graphs to compare by decade (i.e. 40's v 50's v 70's v 80's v 90's etc)

The results? It looked like white noise. A slight drifting up of temperatures (SMA60 i.e. 5 years) from about 1987 to 2007, but it's been tailing off ever since, and the SMA60 average temp is about the same now as it's been in (checks graphs..) 1991, 1961, 1949.

Point is, I'm not a Climate Scientist but I can and do turn raw data into human readable form, and to anyone's eye there is no ramping up in temperatures over the last 100 or so years. Not even a blip during 39-45 when a lot of CO2 would have been produced.

I recycle and don't like waste as much as the next man but completely disagree with this 'taxing everything and using the CO2 card' bulltulip.
                Last edited by rl4engc; 16 July 2013, 11:18.
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Can only get worse
                  Only whilst we're in the grip of the big oil companies and energy producers (which granted could be a while more yet) but I can see a day where people power their homes from solar cells all over their house and garden, and power their cars from some kind of scalable algae-to-ethanol-contraption they made from freely available bits off ebay.

I think that's one particular cat that won't be able to stay in a bag of any Govt/BigCos making.
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    Only whilst we're in the grip of the big oil companies and energy producers (which granted could be a while more yet) but I can see a day where people power their homes from solar cells all over their house and garden, and power their cars from some kind of scalable algae-to-ethanol-contraption they made from freely available bits off ebay.

I think that's one particular cat that won't be able to stay in a bag of any Govt/BigCos making.
                    Water to Hydrogen via solar seems the way to go
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X