• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer flounce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer flounce

I just woke up, thought what's the point of a wonderful summer if you really can't enjoy it, and quit my contract. In truth, I have been thinking of it lots, and whilst it is working from home 95/100%, I still can't really enjoy it, and was working too hard, on a project I didn't really care for. So, regardless, it's 6-10 weeks off with the kids, then I'll look, can't wait. All houses sold, so no more mortgages to pay, moving in August, so fook it, summer off with the kids it is.

Looks like you picked the right summer for it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Looks like you picked the right summer for it.

It's what made me do it to be honest; I looked outside forst thing, kids were fooking about, sports day tomorrow then they're off, and thought if I can't do it as a contractor, when can I do it. They're not going to enjoy being around me when they're teenagers, so enjoy it now. It's only money.

Comment

There's more to life than working. As far as I'm concerned, I work for myself so I can spend time with the family - enjoy your break!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

There's more to life than working.
          Like living a made-up life on an internet forum for example.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Oh dear jesuit boy, I really do get to you don't I. It's not very christian of you to behave this way

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Hans Christian Hack is now available for Weddings, Christenings and Bar Mitzvahs.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Hans Christian Hack is now available for Weddings, Christenings and Bar Mitzvahs.
                You were out of bed early again; must be that jet lag hey MF

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  I just woke up, thought what's the point of a wonderful summer if you really can't enjoy it, and quit my contract. In truth, I have been thinking of it lots, and whilst it is working from home 95/100%, I still can't really enjoy it, and was working too hard, on a project I didn't really care for. So, regardless, it's 6-10 weeks off with the kids, then I'll look, can't wait. All houses sold, so no more mortgages to pay, moving in August, so fook it, summer off with the kids it is.
                  Good for you mate. If you can afford to do it why not. Never seen the point of accumulating money for the sake of it......

Im in contract until end of August then planning a few weeks off and then hol end september. So it looks like I'll be working through the heatwave. Looks like some long shift days too and the rate is v good (hopefully with increased rate of 1.5 for shifts)

Not ideal with new baby - would have been nice to stay home with her for a bit. BUT, warchest ain't that massive (although its OK). I know I wouldnt have enjoyed holiday knowing I'd be on the bench in october. At least this way, its a nice little earner, it can pay for holiday and then give me flexibility to chill for a month or two later.

Mind you think it would have been hard for me to knock back a WFH contract like that!!!!
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    It's what made me do it to be honest; I looked outside forst thing, kids were fooking about, sports day tomorrow then they're off, and thought if I can't do it as a contractor, when can I do it. They're not going to enjoy being around me when they're teenagers, so enjoy it now. It's only money.
                    Wish me old man would think like that. He ain't rich but hes got enough in the bank that its never going to get spent. But will he hell - he'd rather struggle than spend any money at all. To be honest, its like monopoly money to him - I aint ever going to be like that!
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X