• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Reading

What's everyone reading on their hols?
    Given where I'm going, think I'll re-read a couple of Alexander Frater's books.
    And also take Andrew Marr's "History of the World", which I bought for £3 in Sainsburys
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And also take Andrew Marr's "History of the World", which I bought for £3 in Sainsburys
    Well done. What with those and the "Spot the Dog" Summer Annual that your missus has packed for your fractious moments, you will scarcely notice the monsoons!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well done. What with those and the "Spot the Dog" Summer Annual that your missus has packed for your fractious moments, you will scarcely notice the monsoons!!

Have you been promoted to head janitor yet?
      Never mind, next year you can go to Skegness and read the Beano while moving your lips. No one will laugh and point there, honest.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you been promoted to head janitor yet?
        Never mind, next year you can go to Skegness and read the Beano while moving your lips. No one will laugh and point there, honest.
        Still, who holidays in Reading?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Still, who holidays in Reading?
          People from Slough?

Comment

I'd go with something complicated, something you could really get stuck into deciphering, I don't know, something like your family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I'd go with something complicated, something you could really get stuck into deciphering, I don't know, something like your family tree
              More of a sapling than a tree in fairness.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                He's already done that

Comment

Sorry my mistake to assume you morons actually read.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sorry my mistake to assume you morons actually read.
                    On holiday we tend to water ski, hire a speed boat or jet ski, dine in nice restaurants, have conversation with people, laugh, dance, sunbathe, go for a few drinks, sight see and shag like rabbits etc.

Reading a dull book is what introverted friendless dullards do whilst it rains all day in the monsoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X