• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you read?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you read?

Watching everyone mocking sas for reading a book on holiday reminds me of the thick kids at school picking on the ones who weren't stupid. I'm sure you're doing it cos it's sas and not because you're dim witted anti-intellectuals but I thought I would set up a poll to be sure.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    13.33%
    Me and AndyW's mum are working our way through the Kama Sutra
    20.00%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Yes
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      ... reminds me of the thick kids at school picking on the ones who weren't stupid.
      Hehe - that's what I love about my son's school.

Last week:

"Where did you get that tennis racquet from?"

"I borrowed it - I was in the House Tennis competition"

"But you've never played tennis"

"I know, but no-one else wanted to miss maths."

Comment

Watching everyone mocking sas for reading a book on holiday reminds me of the thick kids at school picking on the ones who weren't stupid. I'm sure you're doing it cos it's sas and not because you're dim witted anti-intellectuals but I thought I would set up a poll to be sure.
        Only "intellectuals" read then? I'll need to look at those dumb "looking" blondes reading Jilly Cooper on the tube in a different light now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          Only "intellectuals" read then? I'll need to look at those dumb "looking" blondes reading Jilly Cooper on the tube in a different light now.
          I haven't seen anyone reading Jilly Cooper on the tube recently (possibly ever). It used to be Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, now it's A Song of Ice and Fire that everyone is reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            Only "intellectuals" read then?
            Oh dear. You obviously avoid it because you can't. I bet you're one of those people who throws tulip at pediatrists houses.

Did I say, or even imply, that only intellectuals read?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh dear. You obviously avoid it because you can't. I bet you're one of those people who throws tulip at pediatrists houses.
              paediatricians?

Or is that short for pedantic electricians?

Comment

podiatrists?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Every time I go on holiday I pick up some of the world's greatest literature and start reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    paediatricians?

Or is that short for pedantic electricians?
                    It's an alternative word meaning the same thing. Although possibly an Americanism.

pediatrist - definition of pediatrist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Comment

Working...
                    X