• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to hire someone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to hire someone

I need to hire someone. I need a good dev with some commodity skills, and the agency I came through (+ the others I tend to deal with when I'm looking) are a bit niche so they don't really have anyone suitable and keep sending us all sorts of jokers and chancers, of which we already have quite enough thank you very much.

What is the best way to go about locating the right person?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I need to hire someone. I need a good dev with some commodity skills, and the agency I came through (+ the others I tend to deal with when I'm looking) are a bit niche so they don't really have anyone suitable and keep sending us all sorts of jokers and chancers, of which we already have quite enough thank you very much.

What is the best way to go about locating the right person?
      How good is your linkedin network?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Core Skills:

Java. Web Services. XML. Modern development practices (CI, TDD etc). Good design & problem solving skills.

Technical interview question #1:

You have a tree data structure that you need process, doing something different with each leaf in turn, and collating the results into another parallel tree. How would you go about that?

There is a question #2 for people who do well on #1.
        Last edited by doodab; 16 July 2013, 18:14.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Technical interview question:

You have a tree data structure that you need process, doing something different with each leaf in turn, and collating the results into another parallel tree. How would you go about that?
          carefully.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Core Skills:

Java. Web Services. XML. Modern development practices (CI, TDD etc).

Sub it out to the gardener. RoS right?

Comment

Core Skills:

Java. Web Services. XML. Modern development practices (CI, TDD etc). Good design & problem solving skills.

i would set the system date to 01/??/???? for each iteration. obv
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                How good is your linkedin network?
                Not good enough it would seem.

Comment

Is this a trick question?
                  There are no leafs, it's a pine tree
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I just asked someone question 1 in their phone Interview. I didn't bother with question 2.

I'm looking for some intelligent questions and a high level answer with extra points for namedropping a couple of GoF patterns. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Working...
                    X