• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Commission picks a fight with Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Commission picks a fight with Germany

Ban on selling new Mercedes in EU moves closer - Telegraph

My money's on ze Germans.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Its not the EU, its France that is kicking up a fuss, what is the phrase, be careful biting the hand that feeds you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Blimey, the Telegraph is on the ball! This was reported some months ago and talks were held between the German government and the EU about it. Maybe someone at the Telegraph did't get enough discount on their new Mercedes. Maybe Mercedes will charge the EU full whack for their limousines to ferry the overpaid mandarins around (surely they should all be travelling by public transport / foot / bicycle / environmentally friendly vehicles / pick your choice by now except that wouldn't befit a senior European Civil ******!)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This was kept a bit quiet wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Its not the EU, its France that is kicking up a fuss, what is the phrase, be careful biting the hand that feeds you
          In the “old days” I used to get stopped and turned back if I attempted to drive through France with German Zoll plates however, when I bought a car in France on TT plates they told me I could drive in any country. One time I was caught with a new BMW sneaking across from Belgium to France on a on Zoll plates on an unclassified road; I was held by the border police for six hours until they get fed up and wanted to home. They told me to go back to Belgium. The French have always been the ones to pick and choose EU laws.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            In the “old days” I used to get stopped and turned back if I attempted to drive through France with German Zoll plates however, when I bought a car in France on TT plates they told me I could drive in any country. One time I was caught with a new BMW sneaking across from Belgium to France on a on Zoll plates on an unclassified road; I was held by the border police for six hours until they get fed up and wanted to home. They told me to go back to Belgium. The French have always been the ones to pick and choose EU laws.
            There's always the Oostend to Ramsgate ferry, to avoid France completely. Did you try that?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              There's always the Oostend to Ramsgate ferry, to avoid France completely. Did you try that?
              Yes, but they were very slow. In those days there was l’ hovercraft taking about 45 minutes or an old rust bucket run by Belgian Railways (RMT) that chugged along so slow it took 4+ hours!
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Yes, but they were very slow. In those days there was l’ hovercraft taking about 45 minutes or an old rust bucket run by Belgian Railways (RMT) that chugged along so slow it took 4+ hours!
                Indeed

I took the Oostend to Ramsgate ferry a couple of times 3 years ago. Run by eastern europeans it was stuck in a 25-year old time warp.
                They ran an old Townsend Thoreson ferry, the sister to the Herald of Free Enterprise which capsized in nearby Zeebrugge.

I could only hope the bow doors were shut..

Comment

Working...
                X